[no Bug] I seem to be missing a few freesat stations (1 Viewer)

smursfter

Portal Pro
August 16, 2009
Home Country
England England
Hi all,

Ive compared my scan channels with the freesat channel listings on freesats homepage, and seem to be missing a few channels

Ive successfully added 1 channel manually but seem to be stuck with the others.
the channels that were missed are

bbc three
bbc four
channel M
sumotv
lava

they were available in the 1.1.3 version.
bbc three I added manually myself.

Could any1 provide the details of these channels, ive tried the details of here Astra 2A / Astra 2B / Astra 2D / Eurobird 1 (28.2°E) - TV - frequencies - KingOfSat but they dont seem to be working. Ive also used this BBC - Help receiving TV and radio - Satellite frequencies of BBC channels

cheers

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    BBC 3/4 will only be picked up after 7pm when it is transmitting. Lava I think has been replaced with greatest hits. And channel M is crap ;)

smursfter

Portal Pro
    August 16, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    So this is "no bug" right?

well for me I cant seem to get stations Channel M and SumoTV, without having to add them manually.
    BBC three and BBC Four I cant say if they missing from a scan as they only transmit in the evenings and I run the scan in the early afternoon.

I can remember seeing sumotv on my listings when using early versions of mediaportal

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay, well scanning logs would be required to allow us to identify why those channels aren't being picked up...

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    At the train station now and will check when I am (finally) home.

I had a quick look the other day and I could not find the details of channel m. Is this still on air. I think sumo tv is the same as BBC 3/4 and does not transmit 24/7.

I belive this is no bug (just in need of the improvements we are suggesting for picking up channels that are off air...)

Have you tried DJBlu's plugin? This will automatically keep your freesat channels up to date and add new ones as they appear

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    right ok marking as no bug.
    Channel M is no longer listed on the Freesat website and I can not find any tuning details of it anywhere so I presume it is not defunct.

Sumo TV is a nightime only one so again you need to scan when it is transmitting.

Scanning off air channels is something that needs to be improved but DJ Blu's plugin does that already :)

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    I think Channel M gradually reduced its output and now doesn't transmit. I do know the studios in Manchesters Urbis building are now empty. Not enough Mancs watching I suppose. Sorted! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom