I wanted a tag editor and now I'm just getting deeper and deeper. What's going on? (1 Viewer)

Zerowaster

March 24, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I downloaded MPTagEditor and installed it because this portal seemed completely legitimate. The installation was gigantic and took 15 minutes. What did I get. I can't see any pages on the website because everything is scrunched into a one-inch wide column on the right side of the screen. Then I clicked on Forum and tried to pick the Tag Editor but it keeps sending me to Media Portal whatever that is. I have not found a single narrative statement of anything anywhere. All I can see is hyperbole and discussions of technical features. Is there any introductory statement anywhere? Even though I installed the MPTag That there is no such program now listed in my list of available programs. I am running Windows 7 and the latest Firefox on a laptop. I feel like I'm in a parallel universe here. What do these programs do? Can I even uninstall and get back to where I was? I was then forced to register and answer an email, all just to get a simple statement of what this website is and what the programs do.

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    MpTagThat is a very powerfull tagger, combining a lot of the top features of other taggers into one program.

You will find basic instructions on most features in this Wiki section: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/3_MPTagThat

A program icon "MPTagThat" should be placed on your desktop, when the installation went right.
    I think, MPTagThat requires .net. So maybe there lies the problem.
    Edit: From Wiki: MPTagThat works on Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 with .Net Runtime 4.0 installed.

tomtom

Zerowaster

March 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Tomtom
    Thank you for the answer. I found icons for Media Portal on my desktop and then I installed the MPTag That that I had saved from years ago and it installed and it also left an icon on my desktop. So I was able to invoke the programs. Obviously even though I clicked on a download for MPTag That, it downloaded Media Portal instead and installed that huge program. I wish I could find a couple of pages telling me all about it. But this is open source software and there is never any explanation of what OSS does. I have learned this to my cost many times. Am I wrong? Is there actually any narrative report anywhere that you know of that explains these programs or is the only way to learn about them the excruciating way of trying every button and menu?

You mentioned that I might need .net. What's that?

What do you mean Edit from Wiki ?

Media Portal claims to play TV. Where does the TV signal come from? Do I need a tuner on my computer or on a USB card?

If there is an explanation anywhere, I can perhaps find answers without having to ask about every little detail.

Thanks again,

Paul Palmer

Zerowaster

March 24, 2012
    Home Country
    I forgot to mention that I can't take advantage of your link to wiki.team-media-portal.com etc. because when I go to anything on the media-portal page, the screen is mostly blank but all of the text is compressed into a one inch wide column on the right side. I said this earlier but I wanted to remind you that it happens with that link as well. I don't have this with any other website so I have no idea why it is happening with media-portal. I can't "grab" the line and move it, like with a table.
    Sorry.

Paul Palmer

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I forgot to mention that I can't take advantage of your link to wiki.team-media-portal.com etc. because when I go to anything on the media-portal page, the screen is mostly blank but all of the text is compressed into a one inch wide column on the right side. I said this earlier but I wanted to remind you that it happens with that link as well. I don't have this with any other website so I have no idea why it is happening with media-portal. I can't "grab" the line and move it, like with a table.
    Sorry.

Paul Palmer
    Strange Try IE instead then take a look at http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom