ID3 Tags not read if playlist case doesn't match actual file path case (1 Viewer)

mrceolla

Portal Pro
December 11, 2010
I have a large playlist that has been copied around over the years and somehow everything has been converted to all lower case. This appears to cause a problem for MP when it comes to reading ID3 tags correctly as no information is shown in the gui except for the file name.

To test I simply edited a line in the playlist to match the actual case of the letters in the path. After doing this, MP was pulling the ID3 information as it should.

Should I report this as a bug? Is this expected, intended, or desired behavior for a Windows application? Is there a case option in the config somewhere that I missed?

Thanks for any input.

mrceolla

Portal Pro
December 11, 2010
Bump. Can anyone reproduce this? I'd like to know it's not just my install of MP. Seems that this would be a very simple fix.

mrceolla

Portal Pro
December 11, 2010
I would really appreciate some input here. Should I attempt to submit a bug report? I was hoping someone could chime in and say, "Yes, I was able to reproduce this." But I understand not wanting to go through the trouble. It's really easy though. Take a playlist you know reads ID3 tags correctly. Open it in some sort of editor that can change all characters to lower case (or uppercase if you wish). Resave the playlist under a different name. Try tu play it in MP and see if all the ID3 tags are still being read.

The songs will play just fine...but no ID3 info. It's really annoying.

:)

Django.edwards

Portal Pro
October 22, 2009
Eupen
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi mrceolla,
yes I know this problem. I did not reproduce it like you described, but I had this problem before. I thought that this had to do with my NAS and not with Mepo.
Do you the music files also on a NAS? Maybe you could try it with local files and see if the problem still exist.

mrceolla

Portal Pro
December 11, 2010
Hey there,

Sorry for the delay in reply. I haven't had time to play w/ this lately.

I did once have my music files locally and I do not believe it was a problem then. However I can't have them locally any longer. Either way, this shouldn't be an issue on Windows machines. I've created a bug report here:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...orrect-in-network-paths-in-a-playlist.109167/

so hopefully it will get addressed soon.

Thank you for your input. Have a great day!

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom