Idae: For a simple Xaml Pad for MP2 (1 Viewer)

jogibear9988

Portal Member
January 9, 2010
Is there a definition available wich XAML Elements are possible and wich ones not? Maybe I've time to make a Little XAML Editor wich uses the Designer from SharpDevelop (I used this one in a Own Project so hopefully I can get this to work)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is there a definition available wich XAML Elements are possible and wich ones not? Maybe I've time to make a Little XAML Editor wich uses the Designer from SharpDevelop (I used this one in a Own Project so hopefully I can get this to work)
    An editor would be awesome! For a quick overview you can refer to: https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...rce/UI/SkinEngine/MpfElements/MPF.cs#L66-L224

Most classes are compatible, but some attributes are missing (compared to WPF).

Would this designer be able to use the MP2 rendering engine? Not sure if this is mandatory?

jogibear9988

Portal Member
    January 9, 2010
    I know looked at the XAML and the UI Plugin.

Including the Mediaportal Rendering Engine, I think it's a hard Task, because it depends on so Many of the other MediaPortal Services, so I've no clue how I should get it to work.

For the XAML Designer support. This maybe is possible, I have to implement similar WPF Control for Element wich exists in MP but not in WPF (e.g. Include, Model, Screen,...)

Last edited:

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I moved a few posts to new thread to have it separated from the other topic. Feel free to modify the thread title as you would like to.

For the XAML Designer support. This maybe is possible, I have to implement similar WPF Control for Element wich exists in MP but not in WPF (e.g. Include, Model, Screen,...)
    (y)

You mean mainly having a simple WPF application that includes the AvalonEdit controls and then filling the "InstelliSense" menu with the valid content from the MP2 MPF(WPF) engine?
    That would be great and I expect it would be a huge improvement when working on the skin files. Maybe also the existing XmlComments from the source code of the skin engine could be reused or pre-processed somehow to include it as tooltip or hints within the IntelliSense entries.

I love the idea and would really appreciate it if you would like to continue investigating it.

Cheers,
    Tommy

Last edited:

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For "live" preview / design rendering of the skin file maybe the MP2 GUI can be used already if the SkinHelper plugin is installed by reloading the skin with F-keys.
    With Release builds of official MP2 installer this plugin is not available. It is only being built in Debug config.
    To get a "clean" debug build you need to make a copy of MSBUILD_Rebuild_Release_Client.bat in build directory and call it MSBUILD_Rebuild_Debug_Client.bat and change the configuration within the batch file from Release to Debug.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm look if I can get it to work to read a MediaPortal Skin File....
    I'm not sure if "reading" is the only thing that needs to be done. Please check this wiki page for details about the resource lookup inside MP2: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/2_MEDIAPORTAL_2/8_Contribute/Skin_Design#Resource_lookup_chain

We need to check if we can use the SkinEngine directly inside your designer, so we can depend on the same logic of resource lookup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom