Idea - plugin to share collection (1 Viewer)

Mark Dyer

March 4, 2012
Christchurch, New Zealand
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I'm interested in writing a plugin that allows collections to be shared between media portal servers.. A centralized source for what is available. The plugin would display what is available the same as the tv series plugin but with the source of content from the centralized database. If an eposide or tv series is of interested it can be sourced directly from the source or the group of friends.. The idea is so that friends can get togeather and basicly back each other up instead of everyone having massive collections that are messy. it'll allow a common format.. I guess the concept isn't any different to the torrent plugins but this would source from each other like a private torrent I guess.

Features such as auto replace files if a higher quaility is available I think is ideal so the collection is kept as clean and as possible. The plugin will check with the server every x hours for updates and sync depending on settings. Options such as auto download next 2 epsoides so you never find yourself short and delete after x months after watchin

Anyway best to get in contact if you to be involved or have some ideas for the plugin development.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom