Idea: Start MP with music running (or when finishing a movie) (1 Viewer)

Zuzler

Portal Pro
May 18, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Ok, say you just watched a movie and the view goes back to the movie details. What do you hear? Nothing. Wouldn't it be great if there's some smooth, quiet music playing as soon as you finish watching that movie? Maybe at 50% of the set volume? Or you just started MP and music plays until you go into TV, Movies or something else.

So basically an option/plugin to load a specific playlist/folder/stream/satellite channel and play it back whenever MP does not play back anything else.

Would such a thing be feasible and useful?

Boysintheband

Portal Member
June 10, 2012
Staffordshire, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
This is what you are looking for: https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/music/one-button-music

You can set "One Button Music" to play a specific playlist(s) from your local music database at mediaportal startup, after a video finishes, or by assigning one button shortcut to start the playback of the set playlist.

Just one note on this though, I found that the difference in volume level between video and music was very noticeable. When a video stopped playing I would need to have the remote near to adjust the volume. I think this was just due to the codecs I was using but never did get the hang of it.

If you have any joy let me know the setup of your codecs for video and audio and I may have another crack at fixing the audio levels my end :)

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
April 25, 2012
Wisconsin
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
This is awesome, especially at this time of year, and with Catavolt's christmas skin. Thanks for pointing it out. It works fine in 1.5. Volume enhancements would be welcome -- using standard LAV setup, but with bitstreaming the audio, so volume control won't work (I think).

There is a lot more you could imagine doing: based on time of day, time of year, certain dates, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom