Idividual channel settings (per chnannel) for aspect ratio and other.. (1 Viewer)

xuxo

Portal Member
February 6, 2008
Hi,

very often we find the situation while watching TV that various channels have a 4:3 aspect other has 16:9 other is HD, and so on. So what I do to have the optimal/ max view on the screen -> I strech 4:3 channels (i.e. Zoom) , for 16:9 channels I change it back for HD the same and so on.

The idea is to have an automatic change of the ascpect settings depending on the channel. Since most people like to zap than, it must be applied after some delay.

I can also imagine that we can apply/modify also sound settings like: sound level, sound configuration (5.1, 2.1 etc.)

I would like someting like this.

To continue the idea:

To simplify the configuration per channel, it would be nice to have "presets", so it should be easy to apply them to the channels in the TV configuration administration tool. Necessary would be at least one default preset, if no idiviual preset is applied to a certain channel.

What do think about that guys?

Basically I can imagine that this idea can be applied also for the video section. To create idividual settings per movie, we will need config files in the movie folder....

Regards

:)

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    What you need is the auto mode switcher plugin and the smart stretch mod (in 1.0.1). With those two setup you can automatically change the zoom depending on the picture ratio. Works great.

xuxo

Portal Member
    February 6, 2008
    Guys!!!! THANK YOU !!!

That 's it...
    ok its not build in/ out of the box in MP, but at least the functionality is there!!

Thanks again!

I will check the named plugins!!

one thing is different to my idea: they don't use presets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom