[other] If the ServerPC is recording you should't be able to shutdown the PC (3 Viewers)

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I would like a option to prevent the shutdown of the ServerPC. You should see a message that the Pc is actually recording. So you must confirm this mesasage to shutdown or restart your PC. Now you must open the TVSever Configuration to have a fast look about the status ( is there actually a recording ? )

If this is not possible, you should have a Tray Icon that shows the Recording status at least. (Is there actually or the next 10 minutes a recording plannend)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/585089-post84.html

If this is not possible, you should have a Tray Icon that shows the Recording status at least.

The above link hopefully still works and you need to do this.

However, to use this plugin you will need to modify the Service details of the TV Server...

Start Menu -> Run ... -> services.msc

Right-Click on the TV Server service and select Properties.

In the Log On tab put a check in the box for "Allow service to interact with desktop".

This gives the TV Server plugin permission to place the icon in the system tray.

That's why my power buttons are disabled in Windows, even ForTheRecord cannot stop a user initiated off\sleep the same way WMC can :(

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/585089-post84.html

The above link hopefully still works and you need to do this.

However, to use this plugin you will need to modify the Service details of the TV Server...

Hi Ray

That doesn't work here on Win7 x64 and says "Could not load file or assembly 'TVControl'".

Also, as you say in that thread, there shouldn't be any need to fiddle with the TVService as "Allow service to interact with desktop" is already ticked.

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: If the ServerPC is recording you should't be able to shutdown the PC

Thank you very much. This looks very good. But I think this should be integrated in Mediaportal.

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: If the ServerPC is recording you should't be able to shutdown the PC

You might also be interested in this, which shows you how to make a LED box to show the tuner's status.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...your-leds-htpcmonitor-keep-eye-your-pc-44948/

A nice think but I don't need an LED, because the SeverPC is in the office room. I don't need an LED when the Monitor is off. I will only prevent a shutdown or restart when a recording is active. So a Tray Icon is enough. Only a service that prevent a shutdown would be very nice. So the suer must confirm this message to shutdownj.

And for the Clients a LED isn't need because they don't record itself.

:D:D

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: If the ServerPC is recording you should't be able to shutdown the PC

But I don't use this Plugin, because I don't need this. :sorry:

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: AW: If the ServerPC is recording you should't be able to shutdown the PC

But I don't use this Plugin, because I don't need this. :sorry:
    Hm? What do you mean? If the PowerScheduler++ plugin implements the functionality you need, you wouldn't need it anymore? ;)

What I meant is: PowerScheduler++ already has the functionality to prevent user induced shutdown. But there currently is no option to prevent it, when a recording is running for instance. (Or is there?)

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    PS++ can alter a user initiated Suspend command to not suspend, but to go to the Away Mode (away mode is power on, pc running, no sound, no video) - the result is the same, the PC continues recording. It can NOT alter/avoid a restart or shutdown - windows does not allow this. My htpc will stay on when it records or while I use streaming to another PC or while I use the shares on the htpc even if someone presses the power button (it is mapped to suspend).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom