[other] - If the ServerPC is recording you should't be able to shutdown the PC | Page 2

Discussion in 'Improvement Suggestions' started by IchBinsShort, January 31, 2012.

1. doveman

doveman Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +182 / 3
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    Re: AW: If the ServerPC is recording you should't be able to shutdown the PC

I didn't know that PS++ could prevent user induced shutdown. Do you mind pointing me to how I enable this. Surely if it does this, it will do it when a recording is running as well though, so I don't understand why you say there's no option to prevent user induced shutdown when a recording is running.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Spooky
    • Premium Supporter

Spooky MP Donator

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    Home Country:
    Austria Austria
    Show System Specs
    Re: AW: If the ServerPC is recording you should't be able to shutdown the PC

Configuration - MediaPortal Wiki

The options in question are
    • Prevent Power off while grabbing EPG
    • Prevent Power off while processes are running
    • Prevent Power off while shares are active
    • Prevent Power off during network activity

However, it seems that a true shutdown or restart cannot prevented this way, as mbuzina points out.

4. IchBinsShort

IchBinsShort Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +54 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    AW: Re: AW: If the ServerPC is recording you should't be able to shutdown the PC

I mean that I don't nead PowerScheduler beacause my ServerPc is always on. There is ther Program Ip-Symcon for the Home Automation the needed an always on Pc :) So I need only a Plugin or anything else that prevent an restart of the system when a recording is active. If this is possible I will try this Plugin and test it.

5. doveman

doveman Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +182 / 3
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    OK, I knew PS++ could go to Away mode. Seems like those options should be re-labelled "Prevent Standby" rather than "Prevent Poweroff" then.

I have my power buttons set to "Do Nothing" so I don't have to worry about them, just have to avoid shutting down, etc via MP or Windows.

6. IchBinsShort

IchBinsShort Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +54 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    I dindn't find the option in the PS++ Plugin. Can somebody show me a screenhot..

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!