Illegal Content tolerated or a Mistake ? (1 Viewer)

SID6.7

Portal Member
August 26, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello and first of all : A million Thanx for this Plug-in!

Today i accidently found an obviously illegal-content-offering site in the sitelist : kinokiste.

Current Movies and even series are offered.

So i wonder : Is this a mistake ?

I always liked the MP-policy of being against any illegal content.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello and first of all : A million Thanx for this Plug-in!

Today i accidently found an obviously illegal-content-offering site in the sitelist : kinokiste.

Current Movies and even series are offered.

So i wonder : Is this a mistake ?

I always liked the MP-policy of being against any illegal content.

Well, If you like that policy, don't watch those series and movies.. I'm sory to say, but plugins like movingpictures and MP TV series are also used for 99% to watch illigal downloaded video's..

So, watch your problem? Do you want that they delete that site and deprive a lot of people there fun? Personal I think that's a bit childish.. But who am I?!

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I think there's a world of a difference between the official MP-policy, and what users add themselves :)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just to add a Team perspective on this, we do not officially support any illegal content\wrong doings on this website, externally we have no control on what external suppliers content may contain, it's as simple as that.

Regards

SID6.7

Portal Member
    August 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Illegal Content tolerated or a Mistake ?

So, watch your problem? Do you want that they delete that site and deprive a lot of people there fun? Personal I think that's a bit childish.. But who am I?!

Hm, not giving users the possibility to consume illegal content is childish. I guess, i have to go home and rethink my life.

But i actually expected that - :sorry: for asking.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: AW: Re: Illegal Content tolerated or a Mistake ?

Hm, not giving users the possibility to consume illegal content is childish. I guess, i have to go home and rethink my life.

But i actually expected that - :sorry: for asking.

Let's keep the discussion civil please without starting to insult each other...

Regarding the initial question:

I understand your concern/position, but it's not as black and white as you make it out to be. If we start to remove scrapers/plugins that allow access to "illegal" (streaming copyright-protected material is not illegal in every country) content, where do we stop?
    • Pretty much all OV sites: because they violate the sites TOS
    • Torrent plugins: This has been discussed to death, even though torrent clients can used to download illegal content the clients itself are NOT breaking any laws
    • WebBrowser plugins: they too can be used to access illegal content
    • The list goes on ....

Our webmaster (high) is very careful not to allow anything on the site that could damage us, and we do prohibit some topics that the team deems too dangerous (e.g. mdapi discussions). But as long as the legal situation doesn't change, blocking users to create/add plugins for stuff like that would be over the top imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom