I'm going crazy with remotes, help, Money no Option (1 Viewer)

lookinup

Portal Member
February 1, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Ray,
Excellent, thank you so much for that insight. I always disable my serial ports, parallel port, onboard vga, floppy controller and any other legacy devices that the bios will let me turn off. That could very well have been my problem. So now that I have a fresh XP install I still have all my legacy devices off in the bios so I will re-enable them before I install the receiver again. Excellent information, that’s one of those things that can take forever to diagnose since you wouldn't think there would be a relationship. Maybe the e-home receiver uses a USB to serial communication scheme and that's what was causing the problem. I think it is wonderful that the internet allows us to communicate with our UK friends and others around the world. It’s an amazing technology that I can't live without now. I can even connect to the internet from my laptop through my cell phone so I'm never without. Thanks again my friend, Great tip.

Eric :D :D :D :D :D :D

lookinup

Portal Member
February 1, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Well I've made sure to enable all my serial ports in my bios and installed and re-installed the driver but it still isn't working right. the "back, page up, and page down" buttons are the only ones that work. My 4 direction arrow keys don't work, the play, OK, and enter buttons don't work, I can't select any of the menus for example the my videos page. I can get to my videos using the mouse and then once my list of videos comes up I can only use the page up/down button to scroll a page at a time but I can't play anything that is highlighted or go up and down a video at a time using my arrow buttons. Any Ideas? I am using the Microsoft RC6 remote which is the basic MCE remote without the extra buttons.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    What "software" are you using to Test, as remote only fully functional in either MCE or MediaPortal.

if it will only control certain things within those programs, and you know you have not altered anything and has good batteries in it, could very well be a faulty remote.

Volume button is generic so even using Windows Media Player, you should be able to adjust the sound as well.

rashed1

December 7, 2014
    Mohammad pur, Dhaka
    Home Country
    Bangladesh Bangladesh
    I think, you have to search in google. If you have any remote other than this, you should attempt to identify it and try to get the right drivers for it. Even if you can't get drivers for it, you should be able to use the HIP software which can detect any remote pointing device. You just have to spend a great deal of time configuring the settings for it in that case (search the forums for more info on HIP). Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom