Image out of sync with sound on video (live tv & playback) (1 Viewer)

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi guys,

Happy new year to all of you.
    A few days ago, the old tube has been replaced by a flatscreen tv and since then, there is an issue with off sync sound/image on playback of recordings as well on watching live tv.
    The connection to the tv has been changed from S-Video to HDMI, sound still goes over the analog jack to an amplifier.

I configured codecs & renderer according to this guide: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/guide-perfect-playback-display-calibration.119610/
    The delay doesn't seem to be the same all the time & rebooting doesn't solve it.

Any idea what might be wrong?
    If logfiles are needed, I can add them later when I'm home.

TIA
    Peter

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and happy new year Peter :)

The connection to the tv has been changed from S-Video to HDMI, sound still goes over the analog jack to an amplifier.
    I suspect this is the problem. Different processing for video and audio leads to different delays, resulting in loss of sync.

Is the amplifier connected to the TV or the HTPC?

mm

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi mm, thanks for passing by!
    The amplifier is connected to the HTPC.
    It's an older model with just RCA connectors and I have a cable that converts from RCA to an audio jack (headphone).
    Could it be an option to send audio over the HDMI cable and connecting the amplifier to the TV?
    P.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi mm, thanks for passing by!
    No problem. :)

The amplifier is connected to the HTPC.
    It's an older model with just RCA connectors and I have a cable that converts from RCA to an audio jack (headphone).
    Okay. This probably explains why the problem is occurring. The audio is not being delayed by processing in the TV.

Could it be an option to send audio over the HDMI cable and connecting the amplifier to the TV?
    Yes, that would be my recommendation.
    The other thing you could try is using postprocessing to delay the audio:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ortal_Configuration/22_TV/3_TV_Postprocessing

I think people use FFDShow to do this. Sorry I can't give more details.

mm

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Ok, I will first check how to pass audio through HDMI cable - haven't used HDMI before.
    Connecting the amplifier to the TV is an option for video but for listening to music it's not since the TV has to be switched on.
    Maybe the only option with existing devices is to use postprocessing... (thank you for the link)
    Will have a look at both options tomorrow and report back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom