<imageFolder> or <frame> or <what>? (1 Viewer)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    What is the difference? They seem to do exactly the same thing.

I'm trying to get a solid image behind the thumbs in Small Icon, Large Icon and Filmstrip views, and on top of the thumbs another image with an alpha mask.... but it seems both the <imageFolder> and the <frame> only display on top of the thumb. Is there a control I'm missing that would display an image behind the thumb?

Thanks,

Chuck

MiamiBeach

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2008
    Miami Beach, FL
    Home Country
    What is the difference? They seem to do exactly the same thing.

I'm trying to get a solid image behind the thumbs in Small Icon, Large Icon and Filmstrip views, and on top of the thumbs another image with an alpha mask.... but it seems both the <imageFolder> and the <frame> only display on top of the thumb. Is there a control I'm missing that would display an image behind the thumb?

Thanks,

Chuck
    Did you ever figure this out? I am trying to do something similar (put an image behind a thumb in a filmstrip), and I can't seem to do it either.

:D

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    if you know the exact size the thumb is gonna be can't you just create a hole in the 'background' image, and then have it on top?

MiamiBeach

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2008
    Miami Beach, FL
    Home Country
    if you know the exact size the thumb is gonna be can't you just create a hole in the 'background' image, and then have it on top?
    Yeah, that's what I do now, but I was hoping to have a "default" image for those items that don't have a thumb, instead of just showing a "hole" like they do now.

MiamiBeach

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2008
    Miami Beach, FL
    Home Country
    Not sure of the answer to your question... but I'm sure you've seen this
    MediaPortal1_Development/SkinArchitecture/thumbnailpanel - MediaPortal Manual Documentation
    and this MediaPortal1_Development/SkinArchitecture/skin_conditional_visibility - MediaPortal Manual Documentation
    would this help? -> <visible>control.hasthumb(controlId)</visible>
    Yes, I have seen it, I am trying to implement this for a filmstrip, so <visible> would make the whole filmstrip disappear. I think I've given up on this by now, I just thought that maybe I was missing something obvious out there.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom