[solved] - IMDb.com tt-ID error (8-digits)

Discussion in 'IMDb+' started by whatisk, June 16, 2019.

1. whatisk

whatisk Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Show System Specs
    Hi Rochess,

Not sure if I was best posting here or starting a new thread, but some of my movies recently have not been getting the correct info pulled down. It appears that for some titles, IMDB are now using an additional digit in their reference number.
    For example: If I have a movie containing tt10331828 in the filename, in Moving Pictures it lists the IMDB id as tt1033182 (the 8 at the end seems to get cutoff).
    Not sure if this is an IMDB or a Moving Pictures thing so thought I would try here first.

Cheers.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. RoChess
    • Premium Supporter

RoChess Extension Developer

Ratings:
    +1,713 / 2
    @whatisk best to keep this in its own thread to make it easier for others to find it.

Help me understand issue by providing full detailed debug logs containing HTML source codes the way a SINGLE movie gets imported for you. Logs are asynchronous, so if you import more than one movie the logs become useless to me.

The movingpictures.log should be very large in the neighborhood of 1MB file for just one movie, due to all the HTML source codes.

Instructions available @ https://github.com/RoChess/IMDbPlus/wiki/Issues-Debugging

4. RoChess
    • Premium Supporter

RoChess Extension Developer

Ratings:
    +1,713 / 2
    Helps if my brain is fully awake before I respond, so already pushed out a fix to add support for 8-digit tt-IDs, as there was indeed a forceful cut to 7-digits.

Try v4.9.91 and should be good to go.

• Like Like x 1
  5. whatisk

whatisk Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Show System Specs
    Thanks for the prompt response and fix. Will let you know once I test how things go.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. ltfearme
    • Premium Supporter

ltfearme Community Plugin Dev

Software Test Engineer
    Ratings:
    +5,644 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Good to know, I have a check in the trakt plugin if the ID is not equal 9 characters, so will need remove that check.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!