IMDb+ for Slovenian users stops giving English titles (1 Viewer)

matejdro

Portal Pro
May 28, 2010
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
(Reposting my issue here as requested)

Force English is not working for me - it will still scrap some movies in Slovenian (my native language), rather than English.

IMDB+ config is default, scraper is updated (Opened mediaportal and it gave me updated notification). Also I disabled every other scraper in Moving Pictures, so only IMDB+ is used. Funny thing is that when I open IMDB in web browser, it shows me english titles.

Any ideas? Are there any logs or any other info I can give you?

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi @matejdro, at this point need logs to get to the bottom of it.

- Open MediaPortal config, and enable 'debug log verbosity'.
    - Open MovingPictures GUI (or config) and send the movie back to the importer
    - Close everything
    - Start menu/screen -> All Programs -> Team MediaPortal -> MediaPortal -> "User Files" link -> open "log" folder and provide me with a copy by attaching it in here.

Might be more needed later, but that will do for now.

Last edited:

matejdro

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Here you go. Sorry for doubleposting, I had that thread bookmarked and I thought I forgot to press post reply button.

Also I noticed some movies are found in english title, but after script fetches movie data, it changes to Slovenian.

Thanks.

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    The search node and details node are two seperate actions, which is normally used to correct wrong titles, but in your case something else is happening. Will look at log files when I have time later today and get back to you. Hopefully these contain all I need, otherwise you have to re-run the import with scraper-debug logging on, so I can verify every step.

cane

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2007
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    I can also add that the same thing happens with Croatian language, I get most titles in English but some are in Croatian.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Also I noticed some movies are found in english title, but after script fetches movie data, it changes to Slovenian.

Ok, found one movie in your log that I can use to get to the bottom.

tt1217613 == "Battle Los Angeles (2011)"

On the AKA page it has "Svetovna invazija: Bitka Los Angeles Slovenia (imdb display title)", which explains where your problem comes from, however IMDb+ is supposed to compensate for that now.

So please reimport *JUST* that one movie (log file is going to be impossible to make sense of otherwise), and enable scraper-script debug mode inside MovPic before you do. The steps on how to do so are at: http://code.google.com/p/imdbplus/wiki/WikiInstallScraper

Then I can see each step that happens for you and find out why IMDb+ failed to detect USA title was required.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @matejdro, ok, open IMDb+ plugin inside MediaPortal GUI and scroll down to the "Obtain additional information in the following language", which you have set to "English". The 2nd indented option "Secondary English title" needs to be set to ON.

For some reason it is not forcing English title without that set. Could be a bug in scraper-script due to the mass amount of combinations possible, but from the flow of the script it should work if you enable that one.

It will take me a lot longer to figure out why that is needed, but for now try enabling that IMDb+ option and see if it works.

@cane, can you try/check the same?

cane

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2007
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    I'm reinstalling my HTPC comp but will try asap.

matejdro

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Nope, issue remains same. This is how I set it.

Attachments

• settings.png
      settings.png
      208.8 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom