IMDB+ issue (1 Viewer)

fredco

Portal Pro
November 13, 2010
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
The exact problem as described in the start of this thread has happened again: suddenly this weekend all summaries of all new movies appear in DUTCH instead of English. It happens on all my Moving Pictures installations without any change to the settings whatsoever! It ONLY happens to the summaries, not the other meta-data which is still in English as it should.
This problem disappeared two years ago by itself, at least so it seemed. Anyone know what caused it and how it can be solved?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @fredco, that means IMDb.com once again changed their HTML, and I will probably need to fix the RegExp to compensate (the same way the auto-update of IMDb+ fixed it for you two years ago most likely on a previous update).

Will need your help in getting the IMDb+ debug logs that contain the IMDb.com HTML source codes the way they are provided to you localized.

fredco

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @RoChess: I think you're right about the changes on the IMDB.com side. You say you want the IMDB+ debug logs, but I think you mean the Moving Pictures log. I've added them both anyway, so you can check them out.

Attachments

• IMDb+.log
      1.6 KB
    • movingpictures.old.log
      664.6 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @fredco, there's an IMDb+ tag you have to manually add to the IMDb+ settings file to ensure IMDb+ puts the IMDb HTML source codes within the movingpictures.log files, otherwise I have no way of running a proper RegExp comparison.

Wiki entry:

Locate the "Options IMDb+ Scraper.xml" file at:

C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\IMDb+​

Edit this file with notepad or alike and add:

<set id="19" name="global_options_debug_imdb_sources" value="true" />​

right after the id="18" entry.

Open MediaPortal configuration and select the 'General' menu entry. Verify or adjust that "Log verbosity" is set to 'Debug'. Close MediaPortal configuration via the 'OK' button.

Now launch Moving-Pictures configuration with the shortcut on your desktop.

(Please verify that Moving-Pictures v1.8.2 or above is in use via the "About" tab for optimized log results)​

fredco

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi, strangely enough: that line #19 was already present in my IMDb+ settings file! I had already set "log verbosity" to "debug". You recommend version 1.8.2 for Moving Pictures, but I have 1.8.1. which is the latest. Are you sure the IMDb HTML source codes are missing?

Attachments

• movingpictures.log
      1.2 MB
    • Options IMDb+ Scraper.xml
      1.8 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @fredco the size of your log file seemed on the small side, so I had just presumed incorrectly.

Will look at it later this week when I catch a break.

fredco

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @RoChess: Did you get a chance to take a look at this issue? Because the summaries of ALL movies are still in Dutch...

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Nope, didn't get a chance yet. Been busy at work with scrum so no time during the week, and too many things around the house on the weekend, let alone the time I need to recharge my internal battery to face another week at work. Memorial Day weekend is coming up though, so even though I will probably still be working (perfect time for server updates/deployments/tests when user load is at a minimum), there should be enough time to look at IMDb+.

fredco

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok, thanks. No rush. Have a great Memorial Day weekend. I remember when our kids were young we used to go to the States (Orlando, FL) in this period. Wonderful weather and great atmosphere during Memorial Day. We love your country very much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom