IMDb+ Plugin 2.1.0.291 with IMDb+ Scraper v4.9.xxx (2 Viewers)

tooker

Portal Member
September 27, 2012
Saint-Petersburg
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
Thank you.
Everything is ok now (exept cover arts, but I think it is moving Picture issue)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @tooker, well IMDb+ also has a cover node that would normally obtain the artwork (covers only), but I did not examine that part of the logs. Import the same movie again to generate the same quality logs, and I can have a look at it for you. Be sure to send the movie back to the importer, not a refresh, as I want to make sure all the nodes get hit.

PS: It might be as simple as you need to reconfigure the cover scraper config in Moving-Pictures, because your other logs did not even contain any cover node activity.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    No worries.

Fixed issue, they changed format on cover title indication, but located a new meta tag that I'm now scanning for.

v4.9.90 should fix it for ya.

tooker

Portal Member
    September 27, 2012
    Saint-Petersburg
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Thanks again.
    Now after the scrape I get an English cover art, but only one and mostly containing phrases such as the list of actors, the release date in the cinema, etc. Previously, as far as I remember, during the scrape three covers were mostly downloaded and the first one of them contained only the title of the film.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    IMDb doesn't always have the best covers, so within MovingPictures you can modify your cover scraper-node, to activate more alternative scraper-scripts cover-nodes, especially TMDB and FanArt ones.

Then there's also an advanced setting to define how many covers MovPic should try to obtain before giving up.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Thanks to @whatisk for pointing out 8-digit tt-IDs are now in use by IMDb.com so had to add support, which v4.9.91 takes care off.

Very recent movies might have been incorrectly imported, so please verify your collection and send the impacted movies back to the importer.

Smart workaround would be to do a scan on your filesystem on 'date' to locate the last movies added, and then temporary move them to a folder outside of Moving-Pictures folders that are scanned for import. Do this with MovPic config open, so that the movies are 'removed' from the collection, and then move the files back to their folders so they will all be reimported.

The other alternative is to rely on a view (or create one) that provides you with recently added movies and then send them back to the importer one at a time (no multi-select possible on views)

Last edited:

smarty12345

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hi @RoChess
    I was trying your IMDB+ scraper again recently and have found that with IMDP+ I am unable to scrape the UK certifications rating. Seems to work fine for the US ratings.
    But even after setting it to scrape for UK via the MP1 UI, it either comes back blank or with the US rating.
    Is this an issue you are aware of? and could possibly fix?
    I know it used to work as that's how I originally scraped all my movies into moving pictures (a few years ago now) before I switched to using NFOs generated in TMM. (which I have also now found issues with).
    Thanks,

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    www.filmtipset.se has been updated with a "new website". IIRC, there were problems scraping from it when Swedish was part of IMDB+? Maybe it could work again now?

Emph

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi @RoChess...unable to scrape the UK certifications rating... Is this an issue you are aware of? and could possibly fix?

Was unaware it was broken, as I'm normally using USA ratings myself, and been stuck on NVidia Shield with Kodi as I still have to assemble a new AV center at this new location for HTPC.

www.filmtipset.se has been updated with a "new website". IIRC, there were problems scraping from it when Swedish was part of IMDB+? Maybe it could work again now?

Will look at that as well while fixing UK ratings.

Just not sure on timing when I'll be able to get to it, but will try this week, or this weekend. Have a few work meetings and demonstrations lined up that might end up boring enough to work on IMDb+ instead of falling asleep :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom