IMDb+ Plugin 2.1.0.291 with IMDb+ Scraper v4.9.xxx (3 Viewers)

biship

Portal Pro
June 14, 2008
Thank you for this plugin. When I click it in plugins, in MP config, the options button is not enabled.
I see IMDB+ in MovingPictures, so its there.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @biship all the IMDb+ configuration is done inside the 10' foot GUI mode within MediaPortal, and not from the MediaPortal Configuration. This was much easier to code, because this will allow you to watch a movie or do something else within MePo while IMDb+ is doing a mass refresh, and individual updates are also much easier within GUI.

If you use a skin that does not have IMDb+ support, just copy the default Titan skin file over, and it will work. Might look weird, but it will be functional :whistle:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    That is weird, @ltfearme uses IMDb+ and is deeply involved with StreamedMP skin development as well, so should be included by default.

According to GitHub source page, the "IMDb+.xml" file was included 7-years ago @ damienhaynes/streamedmp

Did you miss an update of the skin that included it?

Would probably benefit StreamedMP community if you can please confirm that, or am I misunderstanding how StreamedMP works, and you did not copy the Titan skin file over, but selected within StreamedMP to use IMDb+? Would think the skin system is smart enough to detect what plugins are installed/used and install it for you, but that might be dependable on the "order" in which plugins got installed.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Scraper-Script v4.9.95 changelog:
    • Force https links to avoid redirect
    • Fixed Dutch moviemeter.nl proxy
    • Fixed French mpdb.tv proxy
    • Remove prefixed space on names
    • Update release-date on a fresh import to overwrite search-node date
    • Force UTF-8 to attempt to solve Unicode mistakes in names, and included test-case on apostrophe
    Quickly found out UTF-8 encoding did not fix it, but test-case worked, so v4.9.96 changelog:
    • Manually replace \u0027 with ' (apostrophe) for Directors, Writers, and Actors.

Please provide me with IMDb tt-IDs if you stumble upon one that has \u0027 inside a tagline, plot/summary, or other \u Unicode entries.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    You can see it also from the MovingPictures Details view side menu if you are using the original skin (no 3rd party mods).

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    If the IMDb+ plugin is active inside MediaPortal configuration, then within MediaPortal it is visible under "Plugins" where you can explore all plugins not set to "Home".

As @ltfearme pointed out there is a shortcut within the Moving-Pictures plugin as well on the "fly out" menu (left arrow on Titan Skin), and the IMDb+ plugin ties in with the Extension handler plugin so you can access it through that one as well.

Me personally I often access it via "Plugins" entry from the 'Home' screen, where Moving-Pictures, MP-TVSeries, and Weather are the only other home entries to simplify usage of MediaPortal. Of course once configured you pretty much never have to go there, with the odd exception to verify the IMDb+ Scraper-script version to ensure that you are running the latest version (IMDb+ plugin fly-out menu -> 3rd option -> IMDb+ Info)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom