IMDb+ Plugin 2.1.0.291 with IMDb+ Scraper v4.9.xxx (1 Viewer)

biship

Portal Pro
June 14, 2008
How do I disable just the metacritic score? It seems out of line to RT & IMDB.
I don't want to just use the IMDB score, and want to factor in IMDB & RT only.
Thanks!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    RT is pretty much broken, unless you have an API key that wasn't disabled. Mine was, so I cannot even verify if it still works :cry:

Have to re-apply for one with Fandango, but had other priorities, and not even sure with their new conditions if I'll get accepted.

Your best bet is to disable RT and Metacritics score, and activate single-score so you end up with just IMDb score/votes.

Otherwise if due to RT failure it returns 0, then you get 8.2 IMDb score + 0 RT score, and it divides by 2, so you end up with a 4.2 rated movie.

If something else is happening please provide scraper-script debug enabled logs as per the Wiki (which works again), because I need to see the <if> scraper-script logic based on your settings, and corresponding math to verify if there is a bug.

biship

Portal Pro
    June 14, 2008
    Ok thanks, I'll do some testing.

BTW, i can't get the scraper to pick up my API key:

15-Jan-2020 11:25:05 Debug [ ScraperNode]: executing set: <set name="global_options_rotten_api_key" value="" />
    15-Jan-2020 11:25:05 Debug [ ScraperNode]: executing set: <set name="rotten_api_key" value="" />
    15-Jan-2020 11:25:05 Debug [ ScraperNode]: executing set: <set name="rotten_api_key" value="apikey=${global_options_rotten_api_key}&amp;" />

C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\IMDb+\Options IMDb+ Scraper.xml
    <set id="20" name="global_options_rotten_api_key" value="(removed)" />

Nevermind, I see it picks it up later on:
    15-Jan-2020 11:25:51 Debug [ ScraperNode]: Assigned variable: rotten_api_key =
    15-Jan-2020 11:25:51 Debug [ ScraperNode]: executing if: ${global_options_rotten_api_key}!=
    15-Jan-2020 11:25:51 Debug [ ScraperNode]: if node left value: (removed) right value:
    15-Jan-2020 11:25:51 Debug [ ScraperNode]: Assigned variable: rotten_api_key = apikey=(removed)&
    15-Jan-2020 11:25:51 Debug [ ScraperNode]: executing if: ${global_options_imdb_score}=false
    15-Jan-2020 11:25:51 Debug [ ScraperNode]: if node left value: false right value: false
    15-Jan-2020 11:25:51 Debug [ ScraperNode]: executing replace: <replace name="imdb_id_fixed" input="${movie.imdb_id}" pattern="tt" with="" />
    15-Jan-2020 11:25:51 Debug [ ScraperNode]: Assigned variable: imdb_id_fixed = 1979376
    15-Jan-2020 11:25:51 Debug [ ScraperNode]: executing retrieve: <retrieve name="rotten_json" url="https://api.rottentomatoes.com/api/public/v1.0/movie_alias.json?${rotten_api_key}type=imdb&amp;id=${imdb_id_fixed}" />

RT API Key still not approved :(
    Waiting...

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Yeah, they used to rubber stamp API keys, and I was able to bypass the entire system by not supplying an API key, and get results.

The merge/takeover with Fandango changed a lot, and does not appear to be for the better.

There appears to be no other way to do a direct map from IMDb tt-ID to Rottentomatoes, which is why API access is needed.

Son of a... in testing quick I noticed IMDb.com went with 9-digit tt-IDs now, so have to fix IMDb+ again to I account for that (already done).

@ltfearme Moving-Pictures probably needs to match as well; went with just tt\d+ to avoid having to do this again, but you can otherwise use tt\d{7,} if you want to at least enforce 7-digits. For me the fact they are prefixed by tt, or nm for actors, is enough of a safeguard as it is a number regardless.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    IMDb+ v4.9.99 released with automatic support for IMDb+ custom "» Oscars for Best Pictures" category

All respective existing entries have been removed from the rename database (verify it updated to avoid double entries)

Easiest way to verify is to refresh "The Shape of Water" which was overlooked as a manual entry, and with Oscars 2020 near I was like why am I still doing this manually, isn't there a list like how I automate the top250? For some weird reason there is only an IMDb mobile view, but it works, so meh!

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    IMDb+ v4.10.1 released to fix titles with parenthesis in them. Seems they renamed "Birdman" from 2014 to "Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)" which ended up as "Birdman or" on a refresh.

No idea what movie title will now break due to the change, because I obviously added the \D* filter for a reason, but it must have been 8+ years ago and I was unable to trace it down.

Please let me know ASAP if you find one :)

thepahakurki

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2008
    Finland
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I have a problem with IMDb+ v4.10.1. It does not rename imported movies as it should and instead imports them with foreign names. I live in Finland and when I import Cliffhanger (1993) it imports the movie with the Finnish name of the movie. I have created a .nfo-file with an IMDb link inside the same folder as the video file.

IMDb+ matches the video file to the correct movie and Moving Pictures' Movie importer tab Possible Matches displays: "Cliffhanger - kuilun partaalla (1993) as Cliffhanger IMDb+"

When the import is finished IMDb+ does not the rename the movie correctly to Cliffhanger. Instead when I view the movie in MovPic movie manager it still says "Cliffhanger - kuilun partaalla".

I haven't had this problem previously and it seems to have started this week so it must have something to do with the latest version. I have not changed any settings in Mediaportal, MovPics, Windows etc.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I have a problem with IMDb+ v4.10.1. It does not rename imported movies as it should and instead imports them with foreign names. I live in Finland and when I import Cliffhanger (1993) it imports the movie with the Finnish name of the movie. I have created a .nfo-file with an IMDb link inside the same folder as the video file.

IMDb+ matches the video file to the correct movie and Moving Pictures' Movie importer tab Possible Matches displays: "Cliffhanger - kuilun partaalla (1993) as Cliffhanger IMDb+"

When the import is finished IMDb+ does not the rename the movie correctly to Cliffhanger. Instead when I view the movie in MovPic movie manager it still says "Cliffhanger - kuilun partaalla".

I haven't had this problem previously and it seems to have started this week so it must have something to do with the latest version. I have not changed any settings in Mediaportal, MovPics, Windows etc.

Can you please generate me a clean detailed scraper-script debug log?

Instructions to get what I need are available at: RoChess/IMDbPlus

Getting the HTML sources from IMDb.com included is important as I need to see the Finish IP retrieved result in detail, unless you can arrange free travel for me to Finland as I otherwise won't be able to replicate the problem to devise a solution :)

Fix one thing for US, break another for non-US, that seems to be the story of my life on IMDb+, but hopefully I can rewrite the entire system with your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom