IMDb+ plugin not showing up inside MediaPortal GUI (1 Viewer)

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
May 17, 2011
Home Country
Canada Canada
With StreamedMP and 3.3.1 version of IMDB+ scraper (installed thru the installer after deleting old files in c:\), I don't see IMDB+ in the Plugins in MePo. Since IMDB+ cannot be configured from within MePo configuration, I don't have a way to control the settings.

Is this a matter of using the attached file from this post?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper - Movie Scraping on Steroids v3.3.1

With StreamedMP and 3.3.1 version of IMDB+ scraper (installed thru the installer after deleting old files in c:\), I don't see IMDB+ in the Plugins in MePo. Since IMDB+ cannot be configured from within MePo configuration, I don't have a way to control the settings.

Is this a matter of using the attached file from this post?

Yes, if you are on StreamedMP with IMDb+ plugin v1.0.0.99, then you need that XML skin file from that post, and use it to replace the one you currently have. If you are on Vista/Win7 then the file is located at: "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP\IMDb+.xml"

Let me know if you are still having problems.

If plugin still doesn't show, open MediaPortal config -> Plugins -> verify "IMDbplus" plugin is enabled. Unfortunatly I could not use the title "IMDb+ at MediaPortal core level, because then skins can not check for visibility properties via condition1+condition2, as it would become "IMDb++condition2" and that freaks MePo out :cool: So I do try to use IMDb+ as much as possible, but at some levels, such as MePo config and at certain skin properties you will see imdbplus being used.

If you are still having problems getting it to work, see about getting some MediaPortal debug-mode log files, so it will be clear on what exactly is happening.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

I have noticed one bug with the MPEI Installer...it doesnt seem to register any plugins with mediaportal unless you open configuration atleast once and press OK to save.

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

I have noticed one bug with the MPEI Installer...it doesnt seem to register any plugins with mediaportal unless you open configuration atleast once and press OK to save.

It's similar with manually adding DLL to plugins folder for the first time. After you run MediaPortal, plugin won't be enabled and visible (even tho it has 'default enabled' method returning true). I think it's a bug in MediaPortal introduced recently.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

It's similar with manually adding DLL to plugins folder for the first time. After you run MediaPortal, plugin won't be enabled and visible (even tho it has 'default enabled' method returning true). I think it's a bug in MediaPortal introduced recently.

Ahhhh okay! In your opinion SE... is this bug fix a possible canidate for 1.2.2? If so what should we do to get the ball rolling?

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

Ahhhh okay! In your opinion SE... is this bug fix a possible canidate for 1.2.2? If so what should we do to get the ball rolling?

Well, let's move out of this thread first ;)

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Yes, if you are on StreamedMP with IMDb+ plugin v1.0.0.99, then you need that XML skin file from that post, and use it to replace the one you currently have. If you are on Vista/Win7 then the file is located at: "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP\IMDb+.xml"

Let me know if you are still having problems.

If plugin still doesn't show, open MediaPortal config -> Plugins -> verify "IMDbplus" plugin is enabled. Unfortunatly I could not use the title "IMDb+ at MediaPortal core level, because then skins can not check for visibility properties via condition1+condition2, as it would become "IMDb++condition2" and that freaks MePo out :cool: So I do try to use IMDb+ as much as possible, but at some levels, such as MePo config and at certain skin properties you will see imdbplus being used.

If you are still having problems getting it to work, see about getting some MediaPortal debug-mode log files, so it will be clear on what exactly is happening.
    Must be something to do with how I have my menu done through StreamedMP BasicHomeEditor as I still don't see it. I will attach some log files while opening the Plugins section. Hopefully that is sufficient.

Did I ever say thank you for the wonderful scraper?:D

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Must be something to do with how I have my menu done through StreamedMP BasicHomeEditor as I still don't see it. I will attach some log files while opening the Plugins section. Hopefully that is sufficient.

This is really weird:

- MediaPortal.log shows it loaded the DLL itself, so that part is good.
    - IMDb+ log shows it started and did its usual thing
    - MovingPictures log shows the IMDb+ scraper script v3.3.1 was installed and ready for usage.

And I do not see any obvious errors.

So maybe it relates to what Lyfesaver and SilentException are talking about, some bug in MediaPortal. So open MediaPortal config, goto 'plugins', and disable the IMDbplus/IMDb+ plugin. Then close MediaPortal config so it 'saves' it, and then re-open and goto 'plugins' again to turn the IMDb+ plugin back on.

Then close MePo config and fire up MePo GUI and see if it shows up in plugins then. If it still doesn't show, switch to the DefaultWide skin via MePo config and try then, lets at least eliminate where the problem lies then.

Did I ever say thank you for the wonderful scraper?:D

:D You can use the 'thanks' button on first post, but I do like hearing it :)

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

So maybe it relates to what Lyfesaver and SilentException are talking about, some bug in MediaPortal. So open MediaPortal config, goto 'plugins', and disable the IMDbplus/IMDb+ plugin. Then close MediaPortal config so it 'saves' it, and then re-open and goto 'plugins' again to turn the IMDb+ plugin back on.

Then close MePo config and fire up MePo GUI and see if it shows up in plugins then.
    That did it. Works now. (in StreamedMP):D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom