IMDb+ plugin second edition (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper - Movie Scraping on Steroids v3.3.3

Ok, fixed the scraper in preperation of a nice update to the plugin and then found a small bug. So v3.3.3 which quickly replaced v3.3.2 is now available. Your system should automatically update within 24 hours from the last time you checked for an update, so enjoy :D

Regarding the new feature; this relates to an easy left-sided hidden menu option to mass-update your entire collection, as well as only update the movies that have an entry in the rename databases. The mass-update already works, but it takes a little bit more code and testing to get the rename database part done.

Also adding a few other enhancements, so hopefully will have everything ready and pre-tested this weekend.

It does mean a new MPEI package, as these changes are done to the IMDb+ plugin, but you will be able to do this fairly easy via the "MediaPortal Extension Installer" shortcut on your desktop, or the Extension GUI plugin. There is just something special about full couch control, so these new features to mass-update your collection from within GUI and not have to open MovingPictures configuration should add to that experience.

:D

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Ok, new plugin released, v1.2.0.133 with some very nice new features.

If you are on StreamedMP then be aware that eventhough the new plugin will function with the old skin files, you will not be able to access all the new features. So please wait then until ltfearme has had the time to update StreamedMP and publish the new IMDb+.xml skin file needed in this thread.

Hopefully I didn't mess anything up with MpeMaker, but if everything went well, you will be able to update smoothly via the MediaPortal Extension Installer shortcut on your desktop, or the MPEI GUI plugin. Once updated you can enjoy the new feature such as ability to refresh your movie collection from your couch. It will also be easy to see what the current version of the IMDb+ plugin and scraper script is, as well as some additional information on your collection and the rename databases.

MePo.IMDb+.Refresh.1.png

For more information on all the new changes, please view the updated wiki page @ http://code.google.com/p/imdbplus/wiki/InstallPlugin

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

Updated StreamedMP skin file for v1.2.0:

Attachments

• IMDb+.xml
      11.7 KB

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

I still have these two files from IMDB+ on the root of C:\ "IMDb+ v3.2.5.xml" and "IMDb+ v3.3.0.xml" is this where there suppose to be.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

I still have these two files from IMDB+ on the root of C:\ "IMDb+ v3.2.5.xml" and "IMDb+ v3.3.0.xml" is this where there suppose to be.

You can remove those.

The IMDb+ plugin now downloads the latest version to a temp file, adjusts the paths to point to the MediaPortal data folder (inside IMDb+ subfolder) and installs it into MovingPictures and then cleans up the temp file. So any XML file in the "C:\" folder is no longer needed or used by the IMDb+ plugin or scraper-script.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

That's what i thought.
    Thanks RoChess

You are welcome :D

What's next?

I'm going to be enhancing the IMDb+ scraper-script with the following:

• Add a simplified debugging system. Right now there are a few additional logging entries made by the scraper to indicate some serious errors and show what it is doing, but when imdb.com or RottenTomatoes changes their website it still is not enough to find a fix. So want to add some more debugging that can be activated by the user via IMDb+ plugin and which will allow me to find problems without needing scraper-debug mode to be enabled in MovingPictures configuration.
    • Improve search auto approval rate by skipping TV-Series by default, but allowing for option to enable it. That way if a user adds "Ghostbusters.avi" it is not automatched with the TV-Series from 1986, but with the movie from 1984. The movie is named "Ghost Busters" (with an AKA title that is correct), but the TV-Series is matched as "Ghostbusters" via an exact-title match, which is ranked higher. The reason I'm not totally eliminating support for "TV Series", is because some users might prefer to have for example "Planet Earth" or mini-series that are very movie-like such as "Band of Brothers" & "The Pacific" added to MovingPictures and not the MP-TVSeries plugin.
    • Support for Dutch based MovieMeter.nl. I've already finished the PHP based proxy script, but need to add this to the scraper script (and plugin as selectable language). It also needs more stress-testing to make sure it aborts properly.
    • Support for localized titles for the supported foreign languages, including rename system to group titles, based on English database series prefix and localized subtitle.

The IMDb+ plugin will get:

• Ability to manage the custom rename database. You will be able to add entries and edit existing ones from your couch.
    • Extra scraper option to control the simplified debugging system from the scraper-script, possibly with a way to automatically zip up the movingpictures.log and IMDb+.log files and send them to me (after you confirm it is OK to sent of course)
    • Dutch language added to the secondary scraper list after scraper-script has support
    • Scraper option to force "TV-Series" to be matched first, as per the upcomming enhancement to the scraper-script
    • Some existing options are tied in with the setting of other options, for example adjusting any of the RottenTomatoes settings has no impact if the default setting to not use a single score is not enabled. So am going to make it easier to see which settings are connected to others by disabling them when they are 'disabled'.
    • The default rename database system has many entries, so an overview will be added to show you which series you do not yet have in your collection, and more importantly which movies from a series you do have are not yet part of your collection.
    • Refresh your movie collection (when MediaPortal is idle or at a certain time like 4am) at a configurable week interval, with a default of something like 4 weeks.

Some of the above features will take longer then others, so they will be released as things progress, and some might be delayed to allow for a less hectic update regime. Everything is running very stable, so no sense in rocking the boat :cool:

If anybody has any other suggestions to enhance the IMDb+ plugin, or IMDb+ scraper script, then let me know. You can also add issues yourself at the Google Code site, or post them in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom