IMDb+ plugin third edition (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ok, sorry for the quick releases, but new IMDb+ plugin is now available, v1.3.0.188

Seemed a small bug slipped through, which relates to the "Force IMDb+" option. It was not respecting the mult-select dialog selections and would convert every scraper source with a valid IMDb tt-ID over.

Most people probably never cared to be able to select one source to convert and not another and therefore do not even need to bother to update to this plugin version. Those that got caught by the bug, my appologies. And new users can just directly move forward with this corrected version.

This was a pure code fix, so no skin updates are required for any of the alternative skins that are available.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper - Movie Scraping on Steroids v3.3.7

Really :) Really :p nice,
    Thank you m8.
    Seb.

jasonwc

Portal Pro
    July 4, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

Is there currently a way to get a list of movies that have not been added because no match could be found by Moving Pictures? It would be really nice to force add a movie without having to access the Mediaportal configuration on my desktop.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Is there currently a way to get a list of movies that have not been added because no match could be found by Moving Pictures? It would be really nice to force add a movie without having to access the Mediaportal configuration on my desktop.

You mean be notified about any movie stuck in the MovingPictures configuration import wizard until you manually approve it?

I know there is an existing MovPic plugin enhancement to allow for GUI approval on those, but that does sound like a nice enhancement to the IMDb+ plugin to at the least alert you if movies are waiting for approval. Not sure if anything can be done to actually approve them via GUI though, that might be a tad too deep to dig into MovingPictures function. Will definatly try to have a look to see what is possible.

PS: In the meantime, it is easy to make a direct shortcut on your desktop to the MovPic config, so you do not have to go through the MediaPortal config part. I had plans to create some shortcuts in the start menu via the MPEI package, that would make IMDb+ easier to use, so will add that to the list as well.

jasonwc

Portal Pro
    July 4, 2009
    Home Country

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant. The shortcut sounds like a good idea. Thanks for the quick reply as always.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant. The shortcut sounds like a good idea. Thanks for the quick reply as always.

No problem.

Am going to look into creating a shortcut alike to how MP-TVSeries adds one, but in the meantime you can manually create one:

Instructions at: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/802379-post81.html

That does depend on PluginConfigLoader.exe tool to be in your mediaportal app folder, but it is very likely you have it (if not let me know and I'll give u download link).

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Current Progress:

1. I'm almost half way through the list of 350 movie titles that have duplicated entries at the imdb.com website. This will result in a large expansion to the rename database, but with the new speed improvements made in previous scraper-script, this will not result in any delays.

2. The foreign title support is also working on my test-box, but then an Icelandic user mentioned they prefer English titles to go along with their Icelandic summaries/etc. So to make that work, I have to add a new option for that choice which means a new IMDb+ plugin as well. At least that will give me time to see how I can go about adding the foreign rename+group support, because right now that is still English-only.

3. Other enhancements for the IMDb+ plugin are also on track. The IMDb+ cover priority issue has been fixed and working on ability to auto-refresh your collection once a month, or once every 3 months. With the 'refresh all fields' option disabled this should go very quick and will keep the votes/score/certification information up-to-date.

jasonwc

Portal Pro
    July 4, 2009
    Home Country

It's crazy how fast you implement new features and fix bugs. :D

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

It's crazy how fast you implement new features and fix bugs. :D

That's the benefit of a small plugin, it is much easier to add things and verify that they work. The auto-update system for the IMDb+ scraper-script and rename database make it very easy to distribute quick updates to everybody, and the MPEI update system makes it easy to release new IMDb+ plugin versions.

But I'm getting awesome help on the more complicated C# side that makes the IMDb+ plugin work. The scraper-script and rename stuff I have no problem with, but the C# stuff still makes my head spin on some parts. So if it wasn't for the help I've recieved it would not have reached this point as fast as it has.

It's one of the benefits of open source software, is that others can jump in and help easy. Just have to continue finding the right carrots to keep everybody interested in helping :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom