FlashFXP Development Team
    Home Country
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0 RC2
    MediaPortal Skin: Indigo
    Windows Version: Windows Vista
    CPU Type: Intel Core Duo
    HDD: 2+ TB
    Memory: 4 GB

There are a few issues I have noticed when scanning folers in my videos/movies area to make the database....

1) It is not scanning file names with ' in it. Ie. Fool's Gold... Rather it scans it as "fool s gold" I think either "Fools Gold" or "Fool's Gold" would be better than the s being by itself.

2) For some reason some file names are not scanning correctly. Ie. the file name "attack force.avi" keeps scanning as "attack force z" I have no clue why it is adding a z on the end..

3) IMDB scan appears to be having issues, it is grabbing the 'Summary' fine, however when doing a scan the majority of the files keep missing the main part, the 'plot' and it is putting 'unknown' as the plot when there is a totally correct summary.

Is there a way to make the database copy the 'Summary' into the 'Plot' section ? Rather than me having to copy/paste 400 times in my database?

Thanks... Let me know if you need more info

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Add imdb_com to your search (MPConfig\movies\database) this should give you the summarys, you need RC2 for this.

Also some people are trying to set up some new scripts, discussion here.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...cript-support-imdb-grabbing-26098/index7.html

Hello,

Thank you for the prompt reply... I have tried your first suggestion and it appears now to be grabbing nearly all of the plots from IMDB.

However, now it is grabbing really blurred (low res) versions of the covers, so I have to go into each one and pick another cover...

I am not sure if the solution is better than the problem :(

rjburke377

Portal Member
    March 24, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    CPU Type: Intel Core Duo
    HDD: 2+ TB
    Memory: 4 GB

There are a few issues I have noticed when scanning folers in my videos/movies area to make the database....

1) It is not scanning file names with ' in it. Ie. Fool's Gold... Rather it scans it as "fool s gold" I think either "Fools Gold" or "Fool's Gold" would be better than the s being by itself.

2) For some reason some file names are not scanning correctly. Ie. the file name "attack force.avi" keeps scanning as "attack force z" I have no clue why it is adding a z on the end..

3) IMDB scan appears to be having issues, it is grabbing the 'Summary' fine, however when doing a scan the majority of the files keep missing the main part, the 'plot' and it is putting 'unknown' as the plot when there is a totally correct summary.

Is there a way to make the database copy the 'Summary' into the 'Plot' section ? Rather than me having to copy/paste 400 times in my database?

Thanks... Let me know if you need more info

I can answer your question about attack force. The fuzzy match includes the entire file name when making its comparison. In your case "attack force.avi" is being compared to "Attack Force Z (1982)". This is a closer match than "Attack Force (2006) (V)" by a character or two. You may have better luck by renaming your file to "Attack Force (2006) (V).avi".

I have a private build of Media Portal that always scans with 100% accuracy. See the attachment. Not certain yet how to engage the team to discuss these issues.

Rick

TV-Server Version: None
    MediaPortal Version: V1.0.0.0 RC1
    MediaPortal Skin: SpinSafe_1080_080627_2320.864
    Windows Version: Vista x64 SP1
    CPU Type: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4GHz
    HDD: WD Raptor 74G
    Memory: 4G - OCZ DDR2-SDRAM PC2-6400
    Motherboard: P5E-VM HDMI
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
    Video Card Driver: NVIDIA 7.15.11.6369
    Sound Card: 82801IB/IR/IH (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller
    Sound Card AC3: coaxial out
    Sound Card Driver: Intel 6.10.0.2034
    1. TV Card: None
    1. TV Card Type: None
    1. TV Card Driver: None
    2. TV Card: None
    2. TV Card Type: None
    2. TV Card Driver: None
    3. TV Card: None
    3. TV Card Type: None
    3. TV Card Driver: None
    4. TV Card: None
    4. TV Card Type: None
    4. TV Card Driver: None
    MPEG2 Video Codec: CCCP 2008-01-24
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: CCCP 2008-01-24
    h.264 Video Codec: CCCP 2008-01-24
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: None
    HTPC Case: Antec Fusion 530
    Cooling: Stock
    Power Supply: Seasonic S12
    Remote: Harmony 880
    TV: Toshiba TSB-HM84s
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
      Capture.JPG
      131.3 KB

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    Home Country
    TV-Server Version:

I quick update in regards to point 3, I have added this scanning addon made by s7oneyuk... Although I have not done the full scan yet, it appears that most of the files have been grabbing the plot and summary correctly.

If anyone has any issues and is running RC2, I suggest trying the attachment of s7oneyuk in the following thread:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...cript-support-imdb-grabbing-26098/index5.html

I hope that the Development Team look into the manner in which s7oneyuk has approached this and either add it to the next version of MP or at least have it as an option.

rjburke377

Portal Member
    March 24, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I have a private build of Media Portal that always scans with 100% accuracy. See the attachment. Not certain yet how to engage the team to discuss these issues.

Files for a slightly modified IMDB matching algorithm are enclosed.

The changes work the same as the existing existing fuzzy match but use a new "bias" concept. Instead of relying on Levenshtein.Match and "distance" to pick an IMDB entry, the code continues to implement "distance" to pick the best title, but also uses a seperate bias for tie-breaking when multiple titles match a filename.

The bias includes the IMDB date [YYYY], date and sequence number [YYYY-XX], video tag (V), television tag (TV), television series (TV series), and video game (VG). If you include these in your filename they will be used when the title alone is ambiguous. A side benefit is that extra words or punctuation in the IMDB query, and in the filename don't introduce error into the matching process ... they are ignored.

If the filename calls for a video match (V) but a television show is found instead (TV) then a relative negative bias is applied to try and find the most appropriate bias. The order of preference is (V), (TV), (TV series), and lastly Video Game (VG).

If you find that your current filename is ambiguous then simply add additional tags to narrow the IMDB search to the specific title you are trying to match.

The syntax is very forgiving in terms of order of tags, and puctuation.

Let me know if this works for you.

Rick

dukus

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    TV-Server Version:
    MediaPortal Version: 2.0.0.4
    MediaPortal Skin:
    Windows Version: XP SP2
    CPU Type: AMD 2.6 G
    HDD: 200 GB
    Memory: 1.25 G
    Motherboard: Asus
    Video Card: GeForce 7600
    Video Card Driver:
    Sound Card:
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Asus TV-FM card
    1. TV Card Type: analog
    1. TV Card Driver:
    2. TV Card: Winfast PVR2000
    2. TV Card Type: analog
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec:
    MPEG2 Audio Codec:
    h.264 Video Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case:
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote: Coolcomand
    TV:
    TV - HTPC Connection:

This is a compiled version, just copy in mp installation folder , but not before you make a backup :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom