IMDb Scraper with RottenTomatoes rating (check end of thread for final versions) (2 Viewers)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb Scraper with RottenTomatoes rating v1.4.4

Select movie and click on the green arrow to refresh all the info based on the scraper used to originally obtain the info. If you want to overwrite with another scraper then use the drop down list option on the same icon (little arrow pointing down) and select the new scraper you want to use.

To just refresh with the original scraper used, you can do so from within the GUI as well.

superted125

Portal Member
    September 16, 2009
    Home Country

Hi thanks for the reply.

I actually tried doing that but it was still keeping imdb scores even with that disabled user sources and selecting the RT one. But I have readded my library now so fingers crossed!

Apparently this didnt work...all the movies are using imdb scores even though they show the primary source as being IMDB (with rotten tomato...etc)

this is the latest version of Moving Pictures, MP and StreamedMP

drealit

Portal Pro
    March 15, 2008

Are you using either of the 2 updated scrapers that mortstar and I uploaded on the previous page? Because the scripts in the OP are outdated at this point and weren't working correctly which is why he released his own updated version and I followed with a US based modification.

Surferosa

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2009
    Home Country
    England England

Unfortunately, it just doesn't seem to be completely working for me. Have pm'd Mortstar to see if he can fix- though would be good to know if its just me or anyone else.

Ive gone through and checked a few films. If it helps- Ive listed them here:

The Illusionist:
    The Illusionist Movie Reviews, Pictures - Rotten Tomatoes
    It has a score of 74%. Im getting a scraped score of 6.2

The Good the Bad the Ugly
    ROTTEN TOMATOES: Movie Reviews & Previews
    It has a score of 98%. Im getting a scraped score of 8.4

Marley and Me
    Marley & Me Movie Reviews, Pictures - Rotten Tomatoes
    It has a score of 62%. Im getting a scraped score of 7.4.

Others seem to be working perfectly (The Matrix, for example). I have a few hundred films catelogged- but I noticed some strange scores popping up and thats when I started checking.

Ive tried everything to get these others working. Ive tried manually refreshing them from this specific source (ie morstars scraper); Ive resent the film back to the importer (which overwrites everything); Ive manually set the film to 0 then run it to make sure it was updating (it did); and I have deleted all other imdb scripts (including the default)- yet still can't get them to work.

Im pulling my hair out on this- trouble is, its so damned useful in comparison to the imdb ratings :(

superted125

Portal Member
    September 16, 2009
    Home Country

yup tried both scrapers from the previous page..neither worked.

I have been trying 2001 a space odysee and 500 days of summer

drealit

Portal Pro
    March 15, 2008

I finally took the time to revisit my collection: I can confirm with Surferrosa that The Good the Bad and the Ugly is not being scraped from RT correctly (mine says 7.6 oddly enough)... however, both of superted125's are working perfectly fine for me which leads me to believe he doesn't have his setup correctly.

But yes it would seem that some have scraped perfectly fine while others haven't.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

I'll fix the problems, but only if I'm provided with a scraper-enabled log file that is as clean as possible with the problem movie re-imported or refreshed and nothing else. Otherwise it takes too much time reading the log file to solve the underlying cause.

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England

I'll fix the problems, but only if I'm provided with a scraper-enabled log file that is as clean as possible with the problem movie re-imported or refreshed and nothing else. Otherwise it takes too much time reading the log file to solve the underlying cause.

Attached is a debug-level log with scraper-debugging enabled, whilst importing a dummy 'The Illusionist.mkv' file.

The scraper doesn't find a score from RottenTomatoes and falls back to the next scraper (in my case this happens to be OFDb). This all occurs between lines 24508 and 25699.

This is using the modified scraper script that I posted previously.

Thanks for looking in to it RoChess.

EDIT: I've been taking a look at the log file. The RottenTomatoes site is returning a 'Sorry we couldn't find what you were looking for' error page...however, if you manually navigate to the link that is being created by the scraper (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/alias?type=imdbid&s=0443543) it properly redirects to The Illusionist page at RT?! (I'm even using 'User Agent Switcher' plugin for Firefox to use the same User Agent as the scraper and it still works! Strange one...)

drealit

Portal Pro
    March 15, 2008

Yep I had the exact same thought last night. RT for some reason isn't recognizing the titles of the problem movies. I did a few tests with The Good, the Bad and the Ugly last night with different names (it has alternate titles)but I wasn't able to get anywhere with it.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Something is Rotten at RottenTomatoes.

FAIL = http://www.rottentomatoes.com/alias/?type=imdbid&s=0800080
    FAIL = http://www.rottentomatoes.com/alias/?type=imdbid&s=0443543

WORKS = http://uk.rottentomatoes.com/alias/?type=imdbid&s=0800080
    WORKS = http://uk.rottentomatoes.com/alias/?type=imdbid&s=0443543

Maybe they don't like Edward Norton movies on the US version or RottenTomatoes :D

Anyway, edit the scraper to use the uk.rottentomatoes.com URI and that should fix things (even for the US-rating version).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom