IMDb Scraper with RottenTomatoes rating (check end of thread for final versions) (2 Viewers)

Knives03

Portal Pro
March 6, 2009
Re: IMDb Scraper with RottenTomatoes rating v1.4.4

It looks like I am still having some issues with the IMDb + RT scraper, and I'm not sure if it is on my end or on RT / IMDB's end. It seems as if some movies import fine while most others are missing the majority of the details, and all of them are failing to scrape a score of any sort. For example, I imported the movie Psycho recently and the only data that it scrapped was the Title, alternate titles, year and the IMDB ID.

I am attaching my MediaPortal logs and the scraper file I am using to see if there is any way I can get help with this issue. I know that IMDB is changing things in their code, but I don't know if that would prevent the scraper from getting the scores of the movies from RT at least. I appreciate any help I can get! :)

Thanks again for your time.

Attachments

• IMDb US+RT v1.5.6.xml
    14.5 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

It looks like I am still having some issues with the IMDb + RT scraper, and I'm not sure if it is on my end or on RT / IMDB's end. It seems as if some movies import fine while most others are missing the majority of the details, and all of them are failing to scrape a score of any sort. For example, I imported the movie Psycho recently and the only data that it scrapped was the Title, alternate titles, year and the IMDB ID.

I am attaching my MediaPortal logs and the scraper file I am using to see if there is any way I can get help with this issue. I know that IMDB is changing things in their code, but I don't know if that would prevent the scraper from getting the scores of the movies from RT at least. I appreciate any help I can get! :)

Thanks again for your time.

IMDb has updated their website, I've already adjusted the IMDb scraper, which is up to v2.0.1 now, so when I get around to it later I will update this one.

It looks like you are already getting the LABS version of IMDb website then, which has new layout that broke the old scraper.

Knives03

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2009

IMDb has updated their website, I've already adjusted the IMDb scraper, which is up to v2.0.1 now, so when I get around to it later I will update this one.

It looks like you are already getting the LABS version of IMDb website then, which has new layout that broke the old scraper.
    Yes, when I go to imdb.com it defaults to the new layout, so it must be rolling out in my area. Hopefully this is the reason as to why I am having troubles with scraping. Would this be affecting the score not scraping too, even though it is supposed to be getting it from RT in this script?

Thanks for looking into this for me, even though I don't know how many people actually use this script. This is the only one that I use myself because I like the short IMDB summaries with the RT average rating. :D

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb Scraper with RottenTomatoes rating

Yes, when I go to imdb.com it defaults to the new layout, so it must be rolling out in my area. Hopefully this is the reason as to why I am having troubles with scraping. Would this be affecting the score not scraping too, even though it is supposed to be getting it from RT in this script?

Thanks for looking into this for me, even though I don't know how many people actually use this script. This is the only one that I use myself because I like the short IMDB summaries with the RT average rating. :D

Yeah, they are rolling it out into more areas, but I'll get to it tomorrow, should be able to find 5 minutes of free time :)

Knives03

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2009
    Re: IMDb Scraper with RottenTomatoes rating

Yeah, they are rolling it out into more areas, but I'll get to it tomorrow, should be able to find 5 minutes of free time :)

Hey it's absolutely no rush, trust me :) You've helped out plenty of times in the past on your own time so I'm not looking for an immediate solution. Even if you don't get to it tomorrow, it's really quite alright. I appreciate your help with this, and I just hope it's something quick and easy so you don't have to spend very much time on it. :D again!

Knives03

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2009
    I was also wondering if there was any update about this issue. I have a bunch of movies waiting to be imported, but I don't want to import them without using this scraper :) I personally like the RT rating much more than the IMDB rating, but I guess most people here don't. Thanks!

publicENEMY

Portal Member
    August 19, 2009
    im sorry if this has been asked before but, how can i automacially refresh all movie details automatically. currently, my ratings are all wrong. so im trying to force moving pictures to reload movie details from imdb for all my movies. thanks.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    im sorry if this has been asked before but, how can i automacially refresh all movie details automatically. currently, my ratings are all wrong. so im trying to force moving pictures to reload movie details from imdb for all my movies. thanks.

You should be able to go to movie details tab, use CTRL+A to select all movies, and then use that green half arrow icon to refresh the details. You might want to first try it on a few individual movies, then like 2-3 at once, to make sure it works, before you mass update a lot of movies. I do it once every 3 months myself on about 2500 items and it doesn't take very long.

A ticket for an enhancement to do this automatic at X days interval exists at: Issue 727 - moving-pictures - Extra option to automatically update movie info after X days - Project Hosting on Google Code

Please star the issue to be updated on progress, and it is currently scheduled for v1.2.0.

drealit

Portal Pro
    March 15, 2008

Hey it's absolutely no rush, trust me :) You've helped out plenty of times in the past on your own time so I'm not looking for an immediate solution. Even if you don't get to it tomorrow, it's really quite alright. I appreciate your help with this, and I just hope it's something quick and easy so you don't have to spend very much time on it. :D again!

Rochess have you gotten a chance to look into getting the RT scraper to function correctly again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom