IMDb Scraper with RottenTomatoes rating (check end of thread for final versions) (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Rochess have you gotten a chance to look into getting the RT scraper to function correctly again?

Nope, my HTPC is still boxed up, and I'm dealing with a HDD failure. So once I got RMA sorted and room is done to unpack I will be able to get it fixed :)

Sorry for the delays, but sometimes life throws a few wrenches.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Any update on this RoChess?

Still waiting on construction to finish. It is coming along though, they are prepping the drywall in the livingroom as we speak, so hopefully they can put on the plaster tomorrow, paint friday and I can unbox this weekend. But there is now almost 4" (10cm) of snow laying outside, so have to see.

Surferosa

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    Ahhh- your fate lies in the hands of builders. Good luck with that :)

Seriously, no problem waiting- apprecaite all the work you do. Cheers.

Knives03

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2009
    I'm glad to hear that other people are still interested in this scraper :) I have no problem waiting as well and I appreciate all the work that you do on here RoChess! I personally would much rather have the RT ratings than IMDB's and I look forward to updating my recently imported movies.

I hope that your construction goes smoothly without any hitches and I am sorry to hear about your HDD failure :/ No worries about the delays like I said, you are doing this for us on your free time after all :)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I personally would much rather have the RT ratings than IMDB's and I look forward to updating my recently imported movies.

I hope that your construction goes smoothly without any hitches and I am sorry to hear about your HDD failure :/

Two walls are finished with plaster, one of them took 3x more material then normal, which is why they weren't able to finish the entire room, but it is coming together very nice. With the majority of the prep work done downstairs (amazing how much time goes into electrical, plumbing and insulation), it should all go a lot faster from this point forward.

And yeah HDD failures are never fun, but at least this one is recoverable.

Knives03

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2009
    Awesome! Sounds like it's coming along quite nicely. Good luck with the renovations and hopefully there are no issues with it :)

I'm glad that the HDD failure was easy to recover from because it's never fun losing data, especially if it's something you can't afford to lose. Good luck with the recovery and hopefully it will won't take long to get back up and running.

Thanks again for not forgetting about this scraper, it's the one that I've been using for as long as I can remember just because I enjoy the short descriptions for preventing spoilers and the RT ratings I feel are more accurate to my opinions than IMDBs :)

Surferosa

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    Any news on this RoChess (or the building work :p)? Got around 50 films to import before the hoards descend at Christmas. If not, Ill make a copy of where this is currently and just use imdb for a while.

Cheers

Surf

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Any news on this RoChess (or the building work :p)? Got around 50 films to import before the hoards descend at Christmas. If not, Ill make a copy of where this is currently and just use imdb for a while.

Cheers

Surf

If it wasn't for all the furniture being in the way, it would be done before the weekend, but have to work around it. Lot of time goes wasted in moving it back and forth between rooms. All electrical, insulation, plastering, baseboards is finished in livingroom and excercise room, and should be done with painting tomorrow.

It is Acrylic paint with accellerator, so it will dry in a few hours. Then floor has to be cleaned and baseboards stained, which will all happen tomorrow as well. At that point it is all done, but the problem is that the livingroom then has to become temporary storage to finish the entry room. That room should go fast, and then I can setup livingroom and unbox HTPC finally.

Just not sure it will happen before Christmas, probably right after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom