IMDB Scrapper - Sometimes gives wrong title language (1 Viewer)

SaTiGrrrr

Portal Pro
April 21, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hey,

sometimes the standard imdb movie scrapper gives me a german name of the film. For example if i'm searching "Olympus has fallen" it gives me "Olympus has fallen - Die Welt in Gefahr". As i don't want the german name in the movie title is there any way to solve this?

Btw is it normal that the imdb scrapper does not give me infos about director, writer and actors?

Thx for the help!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    SaTiGrrrr, this is due to the changes IMDb.com has made. Their website detects that you are from a region that they speak German at, so they want to help you and show you a localized title. Very nice of them I'm sure, but it makes it really inconsistent and irritating.

If you want full German support I suggest you look at FilmInfo+ scraper script solution.

You can also switch to the TMDb scraper-script.

For full English with IMDb.com info give IMDb+ a shot. Originally I created it to add RottenTomatoes scoring, but it has grown out of hand quite a bit since then and will take care of all your issues. IMDb+ is not just a scraper-script anymore, it is an entire plugin system that also auto-updates the IMDb+ scraper-script if IMDb.com website breaks something again. Click the IMDb+ icon in my signature and you can read more about it.

To install it, simply use the "MediaPortal Extension Installer" shortcut on your desktop and look for IMDb+. All the configuration is done inside MediaPortal GUI from your couch. If you need any specific instructions, read the wiki or ask on the IMDb+ forum.

SaTiGrrrr

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi RoChess, thx for the info. I gave IMDb+ a shot and it is working fine for me till now. It also solves the problem with the missing infos about actors and stuff like that.
    So my problem is solved i think.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi RoChess, thx for the info. I gave IMDb+ a shot and it is working fine for me till now. It also solves the problem with the missing infos about actors and stuff like that.
    So my problem is solved i think.

Glad I could help.

Keep in mind that all your existing movies are more then likely still setup to use the default imdb scraper-script, so you have the option inside IMDb+ plugin to "Force IMDb+..." (this is option inside hidden menu, on most skins you get to that with left-arrow) and then you can mass-refresh all your movies to ensure they all have updated info. Before you do that last part, be sure to go over all the options IMDb+ offers, so that the end results are exactly the way you prefer them to be.

Enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom