imdb_id from file (1 Viewer)

piernik

Portal Pro
October 22, 2008
Hi,

I have problem with scaper.
When searching movie match (manual search) I can see MP get imdb_id from file.
However, checking in log file this condition "<if test='${movie.imdb_id}='>" is false, and I have to find imdb_id once again? Why?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi,

I have problem with scaper.
    When searching movie match (manual search) I can see MP get imdb_id from file.
    However, checking in log file this condition "<if test='${movie.imdb_id}='>" is false, and I have to find imdb_id once again? Why?

Scraper order:

1. MovingPictures checks filename for title, and year
    2. MovingPictures then checks filename, and NFO file for IMDb tt-ID which shows up in debug-log file as [ImdbBuilder]
    3. MovingPictures then fires up the scraper-script engine and passes the information it found via ${search.title}, ${search.year}, ${search.imdb_id} and other vars (such as ${search.filename_noext} to the scraper-scripts in priority order to their "search node"
    4. Scraper script then runs through its search-node and is supposed to give an array back of results, movie[0].title, movie[0].year and movie[0].imdb_id
    5. MovingPictures then compares this array (starting with first [0] index) to the information it had and checks to see how closely the title matches, the year or if there is an exact match between ${search.imdb_id} and movie[0].imdb_id, go straight for that and auto-approve it (you can see this in debug log as well via all the xxxxx=False/True feedback)
    6. MovingPictures then passes all this info back to the scraper-scripts details node
    7. Scraper-script gets all the info, title, year, summary, tagline, genres, etc and passes this back to MovingPictures plugin via the vars
    8. MovingPictures then inserts this data into the database (once again this can be seen easy in log via the INSERT line) and then it will pass all the info to the scraper-node scripts and backdrop/fanart ones.

So inside search-node movie.imdb_id is futile to use. And if the search-node did not properly provide this data, then the details-node will not be able to do anything with it either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom