iMON Display and MCE-Remote (1 Viewer)

Tomato

Portal Member
March 5, 2007
Hamburg, die schönste Stadt der Welt
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi there. I found a lot solutions about how to solve my problem here but none of that really worked. It is Remote AND Display-related but I think the best place might be here.

I got a Antec Micro Fusion 350 which is suited with a nice iMon-Display. That iMon also has an IR-Receiver. Mediaportal works just fine with Arrowkeys etc. with an MCE-Remot e(to be exactly it's a harmony one with MCE-Profile)

That Remote also works fine in Explorer and stuff.

That sounds quite well but it ends when I try to use the Display from within Mediaportal using the miniDisplay-Plugin. The Display works but the remote stops functioning when activating the plugin (using Type: Soundgraph iMon)

After that the remote does not only stop responding in MP, but also in Windows. It works again when I Select "iMon 200" in the Settings of iMon-Manager, click "reset", then re-select "MCE Remote" and reset again.

So it seems that the display-plugin scrabbles the Remotetype somehow?

I already did those things mentioned in the Forum topics like downgrading iMon to V 7.20 and setting Frontview to "Always" in iMon Manager with no afford. Sure I could live without the display but I just threw away xmbc and give MP a re-try because of the display.

Any idea how to solve that issue?

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

I have one of the Accent cases with iMon VFD built-in. I haven't been able to get the VFD to work at all for ages now. I don't have the full iMon software installed, just the VFD driver, but nothing in the MiniDisplay settings will let the VFD work. Most of the time, the "okay" button is dimmed.

Any suggestions from anyone?

Thanks,

Mark

waskol

Portal Pro
    October 16, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    I just got an answer from iMon !
    Damned, we have a problem there....

Dear waskol ,
    Sorry for late giving answer.
    Our developer said that the plugin, Minisiplay, sent invalid packets about remote controller processing to iMON Firmware and it interfered the iMON Code of Remote.
    Please contact to Mediaportal and ask about this issue.
    In additions, there is no problem using mce remote with the other application when frontview is "Never". So It was very hard to reproduce the problem.
    We hope your problem will be fixed.

and here is my answer :
    Thank you very much for support.
    As soon I have something new, I tell you

The only thing I do not understand is that Minidisplay is just supposed to send packets via your API in order to display things on the VFD, but it as nothing to do with the IR receiver part.

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    waskol,

can you please ask them to tell us what we are doing wrong ? :p

At least using old firmware 0x80 and IRSS, all works as expected. Since 1 year.

Simone

waskol

Portal Pro
    October 16, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    waskol,

can you please ask them to tell us what we are doing wrong ? :p

At least using old firmware 0x80 and IRSS, all works as expected. Since 1 year.

Simone

Done ! :D

And with just the couple Minidisplay/iMon manager, does it work with your firmware ??? :D

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    yup works fine with them...just tested.

Any news from soundgraph ?

Simone

Teflon4

June 2, 2009
    Just registered on here to add my voice to the people who are having this problem.

I have an Antec Micro Fusion 350 case with the iMon LCD/remoe combo and a Harmony One remote.

I switched iMon to MCE remote mode as the Harmony has issues emulating the iMon PAD remote.

Everything works fine until I enable MiniDisplay, at which point as soon as MP fires up and the LCD comes on the remote stops working.

Even after I close MP, the remote won't function. The only way I can get it to function again is to open iMon, frontview settings, change it to "Always" press apply and then back to "Never" and hit OK. The remote is back working again until I start MP again.

From what I can see, both the IR and the LCD are controlled from a Cypress CY7C63743 microcontroller running soundgraphs firmware. I'm thinking that MiniDisplay is sending a code that disables MCE mode either due to an iMon firmware bug or a MiniDisplay bug. Are the HID codes sent and what they do documented enywhere?

iMON firmware ver 0x380102 LCD HID OEM

P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom