iMon & Harmony: Button press too long (1 Viewer)

xadox

Portal Pro
August 18, 2005
Home Country
Germany Germany
I'm using iMON with my Harmony 555 to control MP.
In iMON I have assigned the MP keboard keys to the iMon Remote and this buttons I have mapped to my Harmony 555.

This works quiet good, but sometimes when I press the remote button for Enter on my Harmony it occurs like a double click.
For example: After choosing a movie under MovingPicture and pressing Enter on my Remote the movie directly starts, skipping the movie Infoscreen.

So I do not know if I have to change something in the iMON Suite or in MP.

Imokles

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If I remember correctly (not at home right now, so can't check), you can change the duration of the key presses in the Harmony setup software. I did that because my TV required a longer keypress to switch on. You can also mail Harmony support, they are quite supportive and competent.

xadox

Portal Pro
    August 18, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As posted by waskol https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...cd-remote-solution-database-48691/#post330815:
    waskol said:
    I had, then, two minor issues :
    - First : the logitech harmony seems to throw IR commands to fast or in double so that it looks like when I press enter on my RC, MP receives the "enter" key command twice in a throw.

I partially solved the issues by adjusting the keyboard delay and repetition settings (which can be done from within iMon manager" or Control panel). I do not have this issue with the little mini remote I got with my case.

And I finally solved totally this issue like this:
    Just a few settings to modify (delays, repeat) in the Logitech Harmony programmation :
    - device/settings/delays or device/settings/troubleshoot/... for the delays (I set it to 100/300/150 in the fields)
    - devices/troubleshoot/responds to some commands... for the number of repeat (set to 2 by default, I set it up on 1 )
    Trying this later home.

xadox

Portal Pro
    August 18, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Changing the values in Logitech Software did also not solve the problem for me.

S_Behn

Portal Pro
    September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For me its the same. It got better, but not solved.

Additionally:
    - device/settings/delays or device/settings/troubleshoot/... for the delays (I set it to 100/300/150 in the fields)

Doesnt work for me, the last field setting 150 is not accepted by Harmony Software, it needs to be divisible by 100. What is the correct value?

naich

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi!

I solved this problem by using the learn function within the Loigtech setup. For some buttons I'd to do it more then one time (using a different distance while learning), but then it works without any problems (Make sure, you don't have to press the learned button twice until Logitech accept the new button in setup).

cu

xadox

Portal Pro
    August 18, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: iMon & Harmony: Button press too long

Still fighting with this problem.
    Any new solutions?

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Set the remote type to "MCE Remote" in the imon software, then add a Microsoft Media Center Edition Harmony profile.
    With this it's working quite good.

Smash

Portal Member
    November 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    How do you select an MCE Remote in the iMON software? - Here the iMON PAD is selected as controller and the dropdown box is greyed out, so I can't change it.
    It's the newest version, 7.85.0222.

BeLLe

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2008
    Set the remote type to "MCE Remote" in the imon software, then add a Microsoft Media Center Edition Harmony profile.
    With this it's working quite good.

I'm getting it to work this way too but what do i map to get the EPG guide to show. Its THE most important button for me.

And I can't map the back button either. I'm using Imon ver 7.7.1022
    I read somewhere that versions above 7.6 won't work correct with back button so where can I find the older versions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom