iMon I/R receiver working with MCE remote (1 Viewer)

finrudd341

Portal Pro
February 24, 2008
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Home Country
Brazil Brazil
Something curious I came across here with the OrigenAE M10 case: it appears to ship with an MCE remote control, a VF310 display and iMon software.

I thought the VF310 was fairly exclusively iMon's territory, and given the IR receiver is on the same circuitry (I could be wrong) therefore would only work with an iMon remote?

The reason I am curious is that I would like to use the MCE remote with the IR receiver that is built into the Zalman case - I understood this to be an iMon receiver, but if it could work with the MCE remote, in the same way as the MCE USB dongle receiver does, then it would be a neater solution.

Just curious..

Larzon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2010
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have different iMON hardware (iMON Veris Basic), but in general iMON receivers can be set to use either iMON remote or MCE remote.

As far as function/configuration, I can't speak for other iMON hardware, but with the Veris Basic Windows sees it like a keyboard. It does NOT function like MCE USB dongle hardware. I.e. you can not simply tell MePo to use an MCE remote. (Wish it was that easy!)

You must customize the iMON setup so a given remote button (e.g. Play button) generates a desired key press (key = "P"). You refer to the MediaPortal shortcut keys to set up your mapping.

schleichi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 31, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: iMon I/R receiver working with MCE remote

I have an iMon VFD running with an MCE Remote Keyboard.
    You just need to configure iMon Software with the Remote Type, not "RM200", choose "MCE" and it will work like a charm :)

After that you can even start your computer with the MCE Keyboard.

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    AW: iMon I/R receiver working with MCE remote

I have make a little Tutorial for the Imon Software. Look here.
    You can find two PDF's. One for the RM200 and one for the MCE Remote.

Good Luck
    bribbon_81

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom