iMon + mce remote v2 + IRSS 1.4.2.4290 (1 Viewer)

flow87

Portal Pro
January 15, 2009
Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,
I installed IRSS as service and set all up. In the Mediaportal Plugin I chose the abstract model and mapped every function to a key. I started mediaportal and everything worked fine. But after a restart all my mappings are gone. How can I save them?

Last edited:

flow87

Portal Pro
January 15, 2009
Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hey again,

now i know that the problem is not to save the IRSS settings. After a system reboot the IRSS doesnt work correctly any more. But if I restart the service manually everything works fine again.

So my question:
Can I tell Mediaportal to restart the IRSS Service when Mediaportal starts?
Or can I tell IRSS to restart itself?

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

i dont use the IRSS service. I start the IR Server as application on windows startup and its working fine.
    You can try to uninstall the service within the IR Server configuration windows.
    The screenshot shows the settings you have to change so that the server is running in application mode. I hope this will fix your problem.

irserver_serviceconfig.png

Last edited:

flow87

Portal Pro
    January 15, 2009
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey again.
    I uninstalled IRSS as service. Now Im running it in application mode. Got another problem:
    IRSS Tray Icon starts with windows but is grey. So to use the remote control I have to enter the ocnfiguration and click on start first. How can I fix that so that it starts automatically?

flow87

Portal Pro
    January 15, 2009
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Got it working:

had to put a shortcut to the IR Server.exe into Autostart Folder so that the IR Server starts with windows!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom