IMON PAD / VFD with MP 2.0 RC2 (1 Viewer)

Andreas Unterbusch

Portal Member
December 14, 2005
Hello guys,

I have a problem to use the IMON PAD with MP. I Installed the port95 driver (what to set there?? or default??) Set the IMON to "Plugin Mode", activated the "external display" in MP and finally tried to use "Setup"
Finally I get an error which says "Failed to locate assembly 'ProcessPlugins.XmlSerializers, Version=1.0.2177.20399, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Note that the configuration program must be executed from/reside in the MediaPortal folder, the execution will now end."

So I was in the Folder "C:\Programme\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\" and executed "configuration.exe"

there I enabled the "external display" from Joe Dalton

Funnywise When I now open the Media Portal I get a little screen there which shos a 2 Row display with the actual information redarding the used programm??!! Unfortunately this is not passed to the IMON VFD.

So, any hint there??

Plus taht, How to use the IMON PAD in MP? I downloaded the here posted *.imo firl for IMON but I dunno how to set this up in IMON. I imported the setting and created a new programm called "MediaPortal" but when activated there is only a message on the VFD which says "unrecognised RC command". It would be on the wishlist to have this remote /VFD combination supported by Media Portal because the Microsoft Remote is a piece of crap and I really don't want to have 3 Remtes here (One for IMON, the Hauppauge for the TV Card, and the IMON PAD"

I know that I can use the Hauppauge remote but this again limits me just to use the MP. The IMON Pad is much more flexibel.

Regards

Andreas

BoelShit

Portal Pro
November 6, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
You need to setup the External Display plugin so that it is suitable for iMON VFD. This can only be done under a clean 2.0 RC1 install. After that you can install rc2 and cvs if you'd like.

Then it should work!

iMON PAD is working here like a charm. Create a program in the setup option and then import the imo file you downloaded. Some commands won't work cause they could be related to system commands but you'll see an error message about that.

BTW if you are planning to use hibernate/stand-by the display will not be activated after a resume :(.. I posted it as bug.

Andreas Unterbusch

Portal Member
December 14, 2005
OK did it and it works. ThX so far. But...... When trying to install RC2 now, it claims that there already is an installation and I have to remove izt before! So when I do so, all settings will be gone including the VFD!

Means I have to do a backup, but which files do I have to backup???

By the way, I read everywhere "you can install a cvs if you want" But kicking my A$$ but nowhere it is explained what a cvs is!!!!

So I have read that a cvs is a "developers screen shot?" So I did an installation two weeks ago, installaed a cvs from the 14.12.05 and everything was mixed up???? So please be so kind to esplain me what a CVS is and which one is suitable. By the way I am a german so please be so kind not to laugh if I use the wrong terms!

BoelShit

Portal Pro
November 6, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Good..... You can deinstall RC1 and then install the RC2.. Settings are maintained if you do NOT delete the mediaportal file!

CVS is a something like a developer screen shot yeah. It are files which are built after a programmer worked on it. You can update the "old" files in the mediaportal folder with those files... Mostly there are bug-fixes in them or more support for hardware etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom