iMon VFD does not work (Win7 64bit) (1 Viewer)

wsxws

Portal Member
September 27, 2007
OEM or PC case Manufacturer and Case model : HFX Mini
MediaPortal Version : 1.1.0
Cyberdisplay/Minidisplay version : MP-Minidisplay
Operating System : WIndows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Motherboard : Asus M4A785TD-M EVO
Imon Display Model : OEM VFD
Connection kind : USB
OEM Type : Type A
Firmware : Where to check ?
IMon Manager Version : 7.77.1022.01
Remote Controller : iMon Pad or MCE

Hi there,

im running win7 as described above.
in cause of ms great restriction to use signed drivers only in te 64bit version i am forced to use the neweset imon-version.
when i set front-view to never is remains off when i start mediaportal and displaytest in plugin is not possible neither.
when i set it to auto it sometimes works at least one time, but never 2 times, and remote stops working.

(the remotes itself work fine, as long as i dont use the vfd, does not matter which one, both perfekt)

because of the restricted drivers i cant use the workaround neiter, because it would vspe which isnt free for 64bit.

would be great if someone could help me on that issue.

regards

PS: Im also thinking about reinstalling the OS and going down to 32bit. but all the working solutions here use imon 7.40.0806 , i have 7.2 and 7.3 and 7.6 and 7.7, i also habe 7.42 in Silverstone edition, but i cant find the 7.40.0806 version. could someone please help me out on that point ?

----------------------------

Update: im running on 32bit now and its working now.
i cant use the mce mode, but it does not matter, my harmony doesnt care which remote to replace.

settings in imon for frontview is set to always !!!!!!!!
in minidisplay-plugin i did not change anything on the first window, i just checked 3 things in advanced:

use SG_VFD.dll for V3
Ensure is running before driver start
Restart Frontview on exit

that way i have my normal vfd when i close the mp and it also show date and time while in hibernate or shut down.

but there is a littel bug:
i have t start the mp with home-screen, otherwise the vfd doesnt show anything (no restart on leaving neither).

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    FYI - Soundgraph is adding official support for imon display & mediaportal in there next release. (Was scheduled for October/November but it's been postponed)

http://www.soundgraph.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45

[Release Target] Dec.22, 2009

1. iMON Manager
    (1) [Upgrade] Unicode will be supported
    (2) [Upgrade] News feed for FrontView will be modified using Google news
    (3) [Upgrade] iMON Manual file revision
    (4) [Bug Fix] FrontView displays media information in System information, City information or News Mode
    (5) [New Feature] The Media Portal media information will be supported
    (6) [New Feature] iMON OLED (New iMON OEM product) will be supported
    (7) [New Feature] Enable to update while iMON is running
    (8) [New Feature] Add new settings which makes FrontView turned off during some other application are running
    (9) [New Feature] Add an option for always displaying CPU load on FrontView
    (10) [New Feature] 2 lines information on LCD will be supported
    (11) [New Feature] Text based track time display on LCD OEM
    (12) [New Feature] When playing Radio in Media Center, radio station names will be displayed on FrontView
    (13) [New Feature] Improve 7" FrontView
    - Option for adjusting text font, size and transparency
    - Analog clock

2. iMEDIAN HD
    (1) [New Feature] Add the feature to play YouTube in Internet Radio (Webcasting)
    (2) [New Feature] The option to download Fan art for music album and video will be supported
    (3) [New Feature] Add an option to align in File List (Track Number, Title, File Name)
    (4) [New Feature] Support Depth Back during menu navigation
    (5) [Bug Fix] DTS wav File / DTS Audio CD playback
    (6) [Bug Fix] DTS pass-through problem on Windows 7
    (7) [Bug Fix] If AC3/DTS pass-through enabled, when playing Video file, FrontView can't display EQ

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    On Windows 7 I run iMON/iMEDIAN HD version 7.20.0502 (May 2, 2008), which is a pretty old version of the software, together with a special build of IRSS (that works like a charm with my iMon). With IRSS you don't even need the iMon software running (must be installed though).

Now, it seems to me that your firmware version of the actual iMon display has some influence on which version you can get to work, so you may have to use a newer version, but I doubt it.

I also run x64, but I have not had any problems with signed/unsigned drivers?

wsxws

Portal Member
    September 27, 2007
    which version of irss are you using ?

does it support the vfd too ?

what does the vfd show when MP is closed ?

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    which version of irss are you using ?

does it support the vfd too ?

what does the vfd show when MP is closed ?

I use this one: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/.../imon-irss-version-no-official-version-68914/

The VFD is not supported by IRSS, but by the built-in MiniDisplay plugin. So IRSS only handles key/button-presses and maps these to your remote like any other remote.

The VFD shows whatever you config it to show, in the MiniDisplay plugin :)

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Now, it seems to me that your firmware version of the actual iMon display has some influence on which version you can get to work, so you may have to use a newer version, but I doubt it.

Nope. At least if you use IRSS for your remote iMON software is not even running...only driver for VFD/LCD is needed.

Simone

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom