iMON VFD/LCD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3/1.2.1 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinnabuns

Portal Pro
August 2, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Re: iMON VFD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3

Is there support for imon LCD touch devices yet? I have some troubles with the MPdisplay2 plugin, and the developing of that is very slow, so I need a solution for that plugin is working stable..

As far as I'm aware, LCD touch devices (FINGERVU / HD Frame) use a completely different API. Therefore, I have no plans to support it in this driver.

Johan

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
The icons doesn't work after resuming from standby. The text part of the LCD is working. Icons works perfectly if I restart MePo again until next standby / restart. Anyone else experiencing the same?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

ninja 12

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland

The icons doesn't work after resuming from standby. The text part of the LCD is working. Icons works perfectly if I restart MePo again until next standby / restart. Anyone else experiencing the same?

No problems here , so far !

All the icons work after standby / resume .

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Cinnabuns,

I have to admit I have avoided loading the LCD plugin. It took me so long getting my IMon LCD working when I set up my system that I just didn't want to risk changing the configuration, but I finally plucked up the courage - AND IT WORKED!

Not only does the display seem to work well, but also I can use the IMon remote (before I could only get the remote OR the LCD working, never both of them together).

Your work on this plugin is really appreciated. :D

So far I have only 1 comment:

1) If I go into "Music" or "Moving Pictures", and I am am given a list of media on the screen, the LCD stays blank until I move onto the second item on the list (which then displays correctly on the LCD). If I then move back to the first item then that seems to display correctly.

If you need any more information then please let me know.

Robbo100

P.S. +1 for getting the graphic equaliser working! :D

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    No problems here , so far !

All the icons work after standby / resume .

I wonder what the problem are on my system. Are there any logs that could help narrowing down the cause?

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

I have had no problems with standby, but I did find that if I set the Scroll Delay option to 100, the display froze. Setting back to the 300 default unfroze it.

The other thing I have noticed is that when watching TV, the display always shows the last programme I was watching, not the last. For example, if I watch TV on Sunday night I will then get that programme title displayed when I then watch something on Monday morning.

This can also be seen if you are looking through the EPG. When the programme highlighter is moved to a programme, the LCD initially reacts and displays the correct programme, but after a couple of seconds it reverts to the last watched programme again.

Robbo100

Cinnabuns

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

I was able to reproduce the issue you were experiencing. I normally don't run into it because I have MediaPortal restart on resume (to work around Windows 7 resolution display bug). Try out the latest build from my original post and let me know if that fixes your issue.

I have also added more log statements in the code to help troubleshoot problems in the future. To see all the extra log info, you must change the log verbosity in MP's configuration > General to "Information". Doing this will result in your mediaportal.log file growing very quickly, so don't do this unless you're troubleshooting something :rolleyes:

1) If I go into "Music" or "Moving Pictures", and I am am given a list of media on the screen, the LCD stays blank until I move onto the second item on the list (which then displays correctly on the LCD). If I then move back to the first item then that seems to display correctly.

The other thing I have noticed is that when watching TV, the display always shows the last programme I was watching, not the last. For example, if I watch TV on Sunday night I will then get that programme title displayed when I then watch something on Monday morning.

When it comes to text, the driver generally just displays whatever information is being sent to MiniDisplayHelper. The only "smarts" in the driver is determining whether to display the 1st or 2nd line due to the API limitation of only displaying 1 line at a time. It could be that the EPG's behavior is to display the previous or next item on one line, and the current item on another? This would definitely not play nicely with the one line limitation.

P.S. +1 for getting the graphic equaliser working! :D

Sad to say, but it's probably on the lower end of my priority list :p

I have had no problems with standby, but I did find that if I set the Scroll Delay option to 100, the display froze. Setting back to the 300 default unfroze it.

Change the plugin settings at your own risk :D There are a lot of settings that don't work well with the new iMON VFD/LCD driver because there are a lot of assumptions about how flexible the driver should be. For better or worse, the iMON Display API makes it simpler to get things working, but doesn't allow much room for customization, at least not via the Minidisplay configuration page. I believe one of the earlier posters mentioned that iMON Manager's settings will still work even when this driver is running. I haven't experimented with that though.

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I was able to reproduce the issue you were experiencing. I normally don't run into it because I have MediaPortal restart on resume (to work around Windows 7 resolution display bug). Try out the latest build from my original post and let me know if that fixes your issue.

Yep!

Problem solved.

Many thanks.

However in general the update of display in regards of general second line it seems very slow or not working at all.

I know all information needs to be sent to the display from software and the least high cpu usage slow down. But cpu usage is not high when I've checked and still nothing happens or slow.

Is this something that could be fixed or just something we have to live with?

mejim707

Portal Member
    August 14, 2008
    Home Country

This does work! Great job. Is there / will there be support for the icons and other things like EQ? Thanks

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: iMON VFD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3

Are there any plans / news regarding Imon LCD?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom