iMON VFD/LCD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3/1.2.1 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinnabuns

Portal Pro
August 2, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Re: AW: iMON VFD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3

I've just released a bugfix update which you can find in my original post. This update fixed an error logging issue on startup that could crash MiniDisplayHelper / lock up MediaPortal.

However in general the update of display in regards of general second line it seems very slow or not working at all.

I know all information needs to be sent to the display from software and the least high cpu usage slow down. But cpu usage is not high when I've checked and still nothing happens or slow.

Please turn on "information" level logging in MP config and describe the specific problem you're getting and attach MediaPortal.log and Error.log. If you're referring to videos sometimes taking several seconds before the time information is displayed, I don't think there's anything I can do about that as it seems to at a while before the MP player figures out what the actual time and remaining time is. And if you're using any external players, then the display won't work at all.

This does work! Great job. Is there / will there be support for the icons and other things like EQ? Thanks

The icons (for LCD display) should be working already. EQ support is not currently in the works.

Are there any plans / news regarding Imon LCD?

Not really. At this stage I'm mainly interested in working out any bugs so that the existing features work for everyone. If I get a big chunk of free time in the future I may research getting the equalizer to work since a few users have requested it.

Craymel

Portal Member
July 10, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
Re: iMON VFD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3

Thanks!
+1 for the equalizer ;)

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: iMON VFD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3

Isn't the equalizer an LCD thing? I think i have to recheck what LCD and VFD is and which cases have which one. Does your plugin also work for MP 1.2 beta?

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

Just to let you all know: current Minidisplay has a working EQ on both LCD and VFD.

Simone

Chluz

Portal Member
    April 20, 2011
    Re: AW: iMON VFD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3

The icons (for LCD display) should be working already.

Just to let you know, the record (REC) icon does not light up when I record. Thanks again for the plugin !

Gallus

Portal Member
    July 26, 2011

Hi,

unfortunately, the plugin doesn't work for me.

I'm using MP 1.2 beta, I've copied the 3 dll's to the directory that contained the original minidisplay.dll, and I've set iMON to enable plugins. Both applications (MP + iMON) run in admin mode.

Is there any special setting in iMON that needs to be made? Any other hints...?

Thanks for your help

Gallus

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England

Did you choose the correct setting in the plugin in the MP configurator?

Gallus

Portal Member
    July 26, 2011

Thanks, SpudR.

I was stupid enough to choose the wrong setting in the plugin.

So, the display is working now...! Excellent.

Is there any way to configure what kind of info is actually displayed (e.g. to allow choosing the album / video /... only with the minidisplay instead of switching on the TV)?

Gallus

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England

No - it displays stuff depending on where you are in MP (click the thanks button on my post :) )

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom