iMON VFD/LCD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3/1.2.1 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: iMON VFD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3

Hi,
    please don't forget the additional signs on LCD displays like the "rec" icon. I have posted some photos in this post.

stefanuhrig

Portal Member
    April 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I will add support for the various icons on the LCD (as long as I can retrieve the necessary information from MediaPortal, I have to investigate first which information can be accessed in which way)

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I'm really excited :p That is the last peace that makes my HTPC full functional :p

dreamcrawler

Portal Member
    May 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Re: AW: iMON VFD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3

I will add support for the various icons on the LCD (as long as I can retrieve the necessary information from MediaPortal, I have to investigate first which information can be accessed in which way)

Uhm.... as i said im not quite into plugin programming, but i do wonder:

The old Imon VFD LCD plugin doesnt work because It doesnt comunicate with updated imon software (but it works with Mediaportal 1.1.3 and old IMON 6 release).

From this, i get that the old plug in withdraws the info from mediaportal properly (EVERY small icon, progress bars and everything) But the communication with updated imon 8 is broken.....

So how about asking the programmer of said old plugin for the source code, and upgrade it with new IMON 8 remote API support? It would save you LOTS of work i guess?

:confused:

stefanuhrig

Portal Member
    April 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: iMON VFD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3

The old Imon VFD LCD plugin doesnt work because It doesnt comunicate with updated imon software (but it works with Mediaportal 1.1.3 and old IMON 6 release).

From this, i get that the old plug in withdraws the info from mediaportal properly (EVERY small icon, progress bars and everything) But the communication with updated imon 8 is broken.....

So how about asking the programmer of said old plugin for the source code, and upgrade it with new IMON 8 remote API support? It would save you LOTS of work i guess?
    :confused:

The old plug-in is part of MediaPortal which is open source, so I already have the source code.

I haven't had much time lately to work on the plug-in (I'm still working on an easy-to-use C# iMON Display API wrapper). After that I will check if the old code can just be updated. I'm not so sure about that. The iMON Display API seems to have some restrictions when it comes to displaying texts. E.g. you can only display one line of text with the iMON Display API while the old plug-in can display two lines of texts (at least on some LCD models). There might be differences when it comes to scrolling, too.

However, it's good to know that the old plug-in supports all the icons, so I'm quite sure that I will be able to support all the icons, too.

josch.hh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2008
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Chluz

Portal Member
    April 20, 2011
    Re: AW: iMON VFD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3

driver-mediaportal-1-1-3-a-95616/index2.html#post735687[/url].
    I also can't click the ok button.

But i am sure i have a VFD in my Luxa² LM200:
    LUXA2- Uniquely You

I am using MP 1.2 beta.

That's funny, the screen they show on the picture looks exactly like my LCD. My opinion is that the companies who use the imon product mix up LCD/VFD when they write the product information pages, and so you actually have an LCD.

josch.hh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2008
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: iMON VFD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3

driver-mediaportal-1-1-3-a-95616/index2.html#post735687[/url].
    I also can't click the ok button.

But i am sure i have a VFD in my Luxa² LM200:
    LUXA2- Uniquely You

I am using MP 1.2 beta.

That's funny, the screen they show on the picture looks exactly like my LCD. My opinion is that the companies who use the imon product mix up LCD/VFD when they write the product information pages, and so you actually have an LCD.

You think i got an LCD... ok, i am not really sure.
    I just had the info from the webpage.

Is there any chance to find out if i have a vfd or lcd?

Chluz

Portal Member
    April 20, 2011
    Re: AW: Re: AW: iMON VFD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3

I'm no expert, But I think LCD are backlight, whereas VFD are not backlight and use phosphorescent filaments (thanks wikipedia). So if you look at an VFD imon screen, you should not really be able to see the filaments that are not light up, wheras by looking at an LCD (especially the imon ones) the whole screen will glow.

josch.hh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2008
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: iMON VFD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3

I'm no expert, But I think LCD are backlight, whereas VFD are not backlight and use phosphorescent filaments (thanks wikipedia). So if you look at an VFD imon screen, you should not really be able to see the filaments that are not light up, wheras by looking at an LCD (especially the imon ones) the whole screen will glow.

I just check on the soundgraph webpage.
    I think you are right, i have a VFD, lol... i should get a refund from Luxa.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom