[fixed] Import issue with alternate movie title matching the name of another movie (1 Viewer)

JSchuricht

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2009
    Arizona
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    MP2 Version
    This is similar to another issue fixed by @henso but has a key difference that persists after the previous fix.

Two movies, one named A with a year 2011 and the other named B with the year 2011. Importing the movies individually works but movie A gets artwork from movie B. Importing movie A and B together or importing movie A then movie B results in movie B being renamed A and both movies showing up as movie A under movies with the option to play either. Importing movie B then importing movie A results in movie A being renamed B and both movies showing up as movie B under movies with the option to play either.

The difference from the previous issue with duplicate movie names is these movies are named differently but movie B has an alternate title of A. My guess is MP2 is seeing the alternate title and combining the entry in the DB thinking the movies are the same. Both movies have separate NFO's with correct tt numbers.

Logs and nfo's attached. Add a movie in each folder in the nfo.7z with foldername.mkv and import to duplicate the issue.

One entry under movies with the option to play either. Size and time are the same because I was experimenting with different files renamed to match the movies with this issue.
    ScreenShot567.jpg

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2020-02-14-16.23.41 (server only wip 157 import fail similar titles).zip
      294.5 KB
    • nfo.7z
      6.2 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    One Idea... Your .nfo are all named "movie.nfo" Maybe it's better to name them {videoname}.nfo (e.g. "Black Gold (2002).nfo", if the video is named "Black Gold (2002).mkv"). This is what I do since eternity and I never had such issues, not in MP1 or MP2 and also not in Kodi...
    I can imagine that MP2 grabs the "first" available .nfo file so movie B gets the .nfo of movie A (which has the same "alternative" title) as it is named identical...

JSchuricht

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2009
    Arizona
    Home Country
    @Lehmden That would have been too easy. I tried renaming the nfo the same as the movie like you suggested. I ran an import with a clean DB and had the same weird result of the movies merging names.

JSchuricht

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2009
    Arizona
    Home Country
    Putting this one here as well. It is a special case movie that has a second version with a slightly different name. Importing that second version by itself works with the different title but importing the original version results in the secondary name changing to the primary name and the movies combining. I think that fixing the issue with the first example movies would fix this one too but it could end up being a special case since it is the only movie I know of with two versions of the movie that have different names. Nfo files attached, just add a movie with the same name as the folder to test.

The alternate name imports fine. Importing the original version afterwards and both have one listing with the alternate versions title.
    ScreenShot569.jpg

Going the other direction with the original version imported first, both movies show up with the original movie versions title.
    ScreenShot570.jpg

Attachments

• nfo.7z
      4.7 KB

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Two movies, one named A with a year 2011 and the other named B with the year 2011.
    I fixed this. The problem was as you stated that IMDB calls it: "Day of the Falcon" while TMDB calls it: "Black Gold". I tried to exclude a search by title if an ID is available. You might need to to remove the incorrect matches from all MovieMatches.xml files before it works. They can be found in the server data folder.
    Putting this one here as well. It is a special case movie that has a second version with a slightly different name.
    Your nfo files contain the same IDs for both movies, so the importer considers them to be the same movie. The IMDB for "Once upon..." is technically correct because they don't have separate IDs for the 2 movies, but TMDB does. I would remove the IMDB ID from the nfo file for that movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom