import movie data from MyMovies SQL DB? (1 Viewer)

BeLLe

Portal Pro
August 13, 2008
I just started to use moving pictures and it looks great but i noticed that it gets it's movie data from various websites and when i saw theres isn't any danish places to get data from it made me think... is it possible to make it import the movie data from a sql db?

let me explain:

Before i switched to MP I was using Win media Center and it have a great plug-in called MyMovies and it have hands down the biggest Movie info DB in almost any language you can imagine and it includes dvd covers too.
But it's not used in any other mediacenter movie plugin other that the dying WMC...
and I know that the developer of the MyMovis DB would love if it could be spread to other platforms too (I asked some time ago in his forum)
and He even made a page explaining how to use the DB
My Movies - Wiki

So if its possible I would really love to see MyMovies DB import was added in a future release of Movig Pictures. :D

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
We would be happy to accept a patch for such an importer. Or importer engine is pretty flexible and we already have a very similar data provider for the MyVideos database (a different movie component for MediaPortal), so I think it would not be too difficult to manage. But I also think this is not something that is high on the priority list for the core team at the moment. We definitely want to make it as easy as possible for people to migrate to Moving Pictures from other platforms, but we are a small team and we have to take things one step at a time.

If you (or anyone else) is interested in helping out with a feature like this, jump on our IRC Channel and we can talk.

BeLLe

Portal Pro
August 13, 2008
I would be happy to help but I don't have any clue on how to code 2 lines.
But now it's out there so hopefully someone else have the skills (and time) to look at it and then I could beta test.

Anyway it sound good that it at least is not impossible to get it to work :)

BeLLe

Portal Pro
August 13, 2008
I just saw that Mymoves can export it's data to different formats to use with other programs. one of the formats is XML (used in MovieLibrary from wensoftware.com) maybe it is easier to get Moving Pictures to import from that?

Just a thought

BeLLe

Portal Pro
August 13, 2008
Sounds great. Then I hope I can figure out how to make that script :D

Looking forward to v0.8

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom