Import Network Path with Login (1 Viewer)

loadme

Portal Pro
January 7, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,

i dont receive any file list, when adding a network source to my importer that requires a windows login dialog.

in my win7 x64 machine i logged in the source (also bound it as a network drive) and chose the "remember login information"
from now on i can always access the folder via the windows explorer without entering any user information.

while having controll over the source as well, it is placed in another network which is linked through a vpn tunnel.

how come MPictures? (1.3.1 beta) isnt recognizing any file within the remote source?
do i need to enter the login data again somewhere within MPictures?

everything else works great

loadme

Portal Pro
January 7, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
any idea?

more tests from my side:

my logfile just says this:
Code:
11-Feb-2012 10:03:29  Info [       MovieImporter]: Shutting Down Media Scanner Threads... 
11-Feb-2012 10:03:32  Info [       MovieImporter]: Shutting Down Path Scanner Thread... 
11-Feb-2012 10:03:32  Info [       MovieImporter]: Stopped MovieImporter 
11-Feb-2012 10:03:32  Info [       MovieImporter]: Started MovieImporter 
11-Feb-2012 10:03:32  Info [       MovieImporter]: Initiating full scan on watch folders. 
11-Feb-2012 10:03:32  Info [       MovieImporter]: Started watching '\\NAS\media\video' (Network) - Path is now being monitored for changes. 
11-Feb-2012 10:03:32  Info [       MovieImporter]: Started watching '\\192.168.175.5\movies\' (Network) - Path is now being monitored for changes. 
11-Feb-2012 10:04:00  Info [        DBImportPath]: Skipping scan for 'D:\': the drive is empty.

my remote source is the 192.168.175.5 - (which requires the user to use log on informations). as said, it works perfectly from windows / explorer

strange is, that the NAS source paused the import.
there are a plenty of videos, that the importer usually brings up from the NAS source. but when i add the other remote source (vpn tunneld network) it stops for both paths and does nothing.

(the remote source requires simple user /password informations. its not relying on active directory and uses the SMB protocol)

same happens, when i add my source as a network drive.
as a drive it works quiet well. instantly showing its content and also calculating the right "filled space" /"free space" values

but when adding it as a source to the moving pictures importer, it seems it hangs itself up, as there are no more log entries.
also - as mentioned - the other source stops or pauses its import process (when removing the network drive, it shows new stuff that has to be imported again)

i dont know how, but at some point in the logfile indeed where listed movies from the remote source.
but the list was only partially listing movies (alphabetically and it stopped half way through)
and for every movie that the importer could find, there was some comment in brackets behind (invaled file path) or (invalied file) or something like that.

i think that happened, when i stopped the user controll and allowed annonymous access for a while.

do i need to register the remote source within the DNS space? somehow? as it seems, it really has trouble to find its way through

still wondering, why windows 7 does it flawelessly and moving pictures is struggeling.

-----------------------
i ll just continue to answer - just in case someone ever runs into the same trouble.

on my remote server i use shares ( = virtual folders)
since those folders are a merge from different physical folders, their content can be quiet a lot of files/folders.
i dont know, if the moving pictures importer has some limitations regarding the amount of subfolders or files in its imported sources.

i was partially successfull when adding only physical folder structures
if this works out for the other sources, than i just have to manually add all the physical folders, one by one.

still curious why the virutal folder wasnt working. maybe its protocol based, or really depending on the amount of contents (so that the folder file list became to big? )
that would also explain that i got a partial import that "randomly" stopped, when i was disabling the user acceess

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom