Import of new episodes don't work anymore (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello.
    I encounter massive problems during Import lately. I add new episodes once a week. So sometimes there are roundabout 20 to 30 episodes to import at once. Import from Config stalls on "Step 2 of 4". It highlights 2 or sometime 3 series (green) and then do nothing. All series are present in database before and all episodes info, artwork and thumbs are downloaded earlier (at first import of the specific series). I've waited about 20 Minutes, nothing happened. I can cancel the import and quit config without issues, but that did not help importing. Import from GUI did not work also. The "sandclock" rotates forever... I have switched back from 3.1.1 to 3.0.5. This did not change anything. I've deleted Cache, did not help. So I don't know what else I can try.

I have added debug level logfile. After stalling nothing more is written to logfile. I've tried with SQL Debug loglevel, but also nothing is written to log file after this. If I can provide other logs (or so) that are helpful I'm glad to do so asap.

BTW if I copy/paste the URL "http://thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=Sanctuary&language=all" from last line in logfile to browser the data is received so thetvdb is responding normal.
    Is there a way to set sort of "Timeout" for this operation so I 'm able to continue and try again?

My Sys specs are up to date, I'm using MP 1.2.1.

mastyman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2010
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If you dont use the importer and just run MP, does it have the same issue, it wont import the new episodes when mediaportal is running?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Import of new episodes don't work anymore

Hi.
    Thanks for your reply.

Yes same issue. That I meant with "Sandclock rotates forever"...

But sometimes last evening the import was successful. Can't tell when as I was watching TV and today the new episodes are in database. In Log File there is nothing useful as I've started MP sometimes 'til then... Can it be import lasts hours? I know I have a terribly slow internet connection but all Metadata and Artwork for the newly added episodes are downloaded before so nothing big has to be downloaded from internet at all. Adding 30 episodes can't be such a big task, I think.

Today I've tried importing again with fewer episodes (fake episodes, just to have a test). Import from config did not work, same as before. It hangs on identifying the series. If I only add episodes from 1 or 2 series the import works, no matter how much episodes I add. But if I have more series, the import stalls at identifying the series. Really strange...

I can do more tests if they are useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom