Import stuck (1 Viewer)

kayosfrawg

Portal Member
September 25, 2021
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Country flag
Here is what I see when I go to network neighborhood. That is my work laptop and my printer. Nothing else.

Attachments

• Adding a media source.PNG
    Adding a media source.PNG
    342.1 KB

morpheus_xx

Lead Dev MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    So after removing the shares and restarting the server, the Mediaportal server service keeps crashing

From your log files I see a known crash:
    Application: MP2-Server.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException
    at MediaPortal.Common.Services.FileEventNotification.FileWatcher.Dispose()
    at MediaPortal.Common.Services.FileEventNotification.FileWatcher.Finalize()​

It was fixed in 2.4 already. It happens by the filesystem watcher on unsupported filesystems.

As workaround disable the "watch for changes" on the configured media source to avoid this crash.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    From your log files I see a known crash:
    Application: MP2-Server.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException
    at MediaPortal.Common.Services.FileEventNotification.FileWatcher.Dispose()
    at MediaPortal.Common.Services.FileEventNotification.FileWatcher.Finalize()​

It was fixed in 2.4 already. It happens by the filesystem watcher on unsupported filesystems.

As workaround disable the "watch for changes" on the configured media source to avoid this crash.
    He is using a test build of WiP2.4, because nothing was working. Focus is on the Network issues.

morpheus_xx

Lead Dev MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Not sure, the log contains following version:

Faulting application name: MP2-Server.exe, version: 2.3.2101.13487, time stamp: 0x5ff75d98

[2021-10-05 18:07:08,014] [235 ] [Main ] [INFO ] - ApplicationCore: Launching in AppDomain MP2-Server.exe...
    [2021-10-05 18:07:08,079] [300 ] [Main ] [INFO ] - ApplicationCore: Comments: MediaPortal 2 Backend Server
    [2021-10-05 18:07:08,079] [300 ] [Main ] [INFO ] - ApplicationCore: Copyright: Copyright © Team MediaPortal 2007 - 2021
    [2021-10-05 18:07:08,080] [301 ] [Main ] [INFO ] - ApplicationCore: Version: 2.3.2101.13487
    [2021-10-05 18:07:08,080] [301 ] [Main ] [INFO ] - ApplicationCore: Source: MP2.3.2_Final-f6aa5b
    [2021-10-05 18:07:08,081] [302 ] [Main ] [INFO ] - ApplicationCore: Architecture: x86

So at least it's not the latest build, it's from January 2021

kayosfrawg

Portal Member
    September 25, 2021
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Country flag
    @morpheus_xx, @ge2301 has gotten me onto 2.4, you can find the latest logs for server and client here. I am not sure what I am looking for in the logs, but I think that it has the same errors as before.

What permissions does MP2 need on the server shares? I am going to make an account that has the specific permissions to the file shares to eliminate that as a possibility.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    What permissions does MP2 need on the server shares? I am going to make an account that has the specific permissions to the file shares to eliminate that as a possibility.
    Full permission is necessary. For me I set no protection on my NAS and activated cretidentials anyway, just left username and password empty.

Users who are viewing this thread