Imported media doesn't show up immediately? (1 Viewer)

chemoul

Portal Member
September 29, 2019
Home Country
Australia Australia
Country flag
For some reason, when I add videos or DVD files (ie Video_TS) they don't show up after the reimport, but will eventually the next day (I haven't figured out yet when exactly, ie whether it happens when I restart the PC or some other time).

In "Media Source Overview" I click "reimport". It says "Importing...".
This works for shows added to Recorded TV, but not for files added to Videos.

Any idea why this is and what to do to have newly added videos show up immediately?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    For some reason, when I add videos or DVD files (ie Video_TS) they don't show up after the reimport, but will eventually the next day (I haven't figured out yet when exactly, ie whether it happens when I restart the PC or some other time).

In "Media Source Overview" I click "reimport". It says "Importing...".
    This works for shows added to Recorded TV, but not for files added to Videos.

Any idea why this is and what to do to have newly added videos show up immediately?
    Which version of MP2 are you using. The import process for older versions was slightly different.
    Normally the media items show once the import is completed. Automatic adding of new items can be handled by ticking the option "share watcher" once a share is added. Details are described in documentation/WIKI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Please check here how to bring problem reports. We need log files.
    Please check here how to bring problem reports. We need log files.
    Just loaded version 2.3.2 on a newly imaged Windows 10 PC. Created my music file as C:\Music\. All my albums look correct on the...
    Replies
    Views
    This is not possible if it is a self made series, like personal travel videos etc.
    This is not possible if it is a self made series, like personal travel videos etc.
    Hi! I have videos that I want to show in TV-Series, such as personal TV series and educational series. As some examples I have...
    Replies
    Views
    I have upgraded to MP2 from MP1 and all works except that when I record TV shows, they record fine on the NAS share but they don't show up in 'Recordings' unless I manually reimport. Also I cant delete watched recordings using MP2 - it doesn't give any errors, just doesn't delete the recording. Its strange because it seems all the...
    I have upgraded to MP2 from MP1 and all works except that when I record TV shows, they record fine on the NAS share but they don't...
    I have upgraded to MP2 from MP1 and all works except that when I record TV shows, they record fine on the NAS share but they don't...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi Lehmden Please forgive me for not making things clear, and ny the way, it's not you, your English is absolutely perfect. Europe ALWAYS puts us to shame when it comes to language because in UK "Education" we spend so long learning how wonderful the UK and its monarchy is we don't have time to learn the more important and useful...
    Hi Lehmden Please forgive me for not making things clear, and ny the way, it's not you, your English is absolutely perfect. Europe...
    Hi I am trying MP2 and getting on very well, finding the system more logical and very smooth now. The setup and configuration all...
    Replies
    Views
    Thank you for performing this test, and confirming @joecrow 's suspicion as to the cause of the problem. In principle the same problem exists with other EPG sources, such as the broadcast EPG that I use with DVB-T/T2. When a programme first appears in the EPG (7 days ahead of its broadcast time), some programmes have a generic...
    Thank you for performing this test, and confirming @joecrow 's suspicion as to the cause of the problem. In principle the same...
    TV Server 1.25. Windows 10. This has been an issue for many years, if not since inception, and I hoped it would be resolved...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom