Importer not importing some files (1 Viewer)

Tryzik

July 14, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
I'm having trouble importing a folder on a network drive where none of the files are showing up in the importer at all.

There are two folders on a network drive.

One is HD mkv files which has a subfolder for each move file. These imported perfectly fine and are all happily in the movie manager.
The second folder contains SD avi files. There are several movie files in this folder as well as subfolders with movies corresponding to their folder name.

The problem is that none of the SD files are showing up in the importer in any way. I've tried removing and re-adding the folder that has not worked. "Always group files in same folder" is unchecked. AVI files are included in the Media Portal filetypes.

Any idea what the problem might be?

:D in advance.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Could you try to remove and then read the import path for your SD files and then post your log files?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Would you be willing to try a test build with a little bit extra logging?

zack84a

Portal Member
September 17, 2007
Just a heads up. I too am having problems with som MKVs not being imported. I do know if I add the folder the movie is actually in to the watch list, then it will find the movie. However if just scanning from the hdmovies folder, its missing a good handful of movies. Note this did happen in versions before 0.7. However always thought it was more something on my end.

anony

Portal Pro
January 3, 2009
I have encountered this bug too. The importer is apparently using the name of the file's parent folder for detection, instead of using the filename to scan for the movie. For instance:

Not working:
C:\Movies\1977\Star Wars.avi

Working:
C:\Movies\1977\Star Wars\Star Wars.avi

This is using Moving Pictures version 0.7.2.545. I found this problem after adding a folder containing mkv files, but the problem persists even if I rename the files as .avi or moved it to a folder that doesn't have this problem.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @Agony:

Open your Moving Pictures configuration -> Importer settings -> uncheck
    Prefer FOldername For Movie Matching

By default the folder name will be used if there's only ONE movie in the folder.

anony

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2009
    yeah I found out about that. I feel that the engine should use folder name only when the file name does not match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom