Importer Not Working Any More (1 Viewer)

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
874
41
42
South London
Home Country
England England
Since updating to the latest version of MovPics i dont seem to be able to import movies any more.

For example, tonight i added 2 dvd structured films to my server (Title/VIDEO_TS/*.vob) and one mkv file (Title/Title.mkv). in the case of the DVD structured movies the mediaimporter says that it was looking for a title to match the movie name 'Video.IFO', and in the case of the mkv file, it was looking for the full string Title.mkv.

Obviously in both cases it failed to match the movie title to the IMDB database.

Has there been a change to the folder level at which the importer looks for the movie name? The manual information entry button threw a handling exception and made the plugin crash, so i cant even add movies that way.

Im running MP1.3 btw.

Any help would be much appreciated.
 

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
874
41
42
South London
Home Country
England England
No, i tried that. Havent changed any settings since upgrading it to the latest version and never had any problems before. I wouldnt mind if i could enter the details manually, but like i said its causing a crash so i cant watch the movies at all.

Might try an uninstall->reinstall to see if it clears the problem. Will this cause any issues with losing all my old entries?
 

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
874
41
42
South London
Home Country
England England
Still no luck with this. Ive tried reinstalling the plugin without luck, and ive now even updated to mp1.4 but still nothing.

The importer is definitely looking at too deep a level in the movie folders because when i try to import the DVD rips its looking to match 'VIDEO_TS.IFO' rather than the movie folder name, even if I tick the option to match the folder name.

Any ideas?
 

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    4,434
    1,897
    Corrupt dbase perhaps, you never provided debug logs capturing the problem.

    Create fresh dbase see if it is fixed then.
     

    eetaylog

    Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    874
    41
    42
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    Im not really sure how a corrupt database would cause an importing issue, but i guess its worth doing a complete re-run?

    Ive also had a chance to create some logs now and ive attached them below. The logs are based on a run of MP where i tried to import the new movies via the plugin GUI within MP.

    Any help appreciated :)
     

    RoChess

    Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    4,434
    1,897
    Im not really sure how a corrupt database would cause an importing issue, but i guess its worth doing a complete re-run?

    Ive also had a chance to create some logs now and ive attached them below. The logs are based on a run of MP where i tried to import the new movies via the plugin GUI within MP.

    Any help appreciated :)

    Considering everything, including the scraper-script sources used during import are held inside the database, a corruption can easaly screw things up. If you just secure your existing movingpictures.db3 and create a fresh new one and just do a few test-movie imports, then we can at least exclude it as a cause.

    Looking at your log file, corruption is definatly the cause. The null exception on the noise filter, that determines how to extract a title from filename is a sure import-stopper. There are ways to fix it, but in my experience it is a better idea to restart.
     

    eetaylog

    Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    874
    41
    42
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    Im not really sure how a corrupt database would cause an importing issue, but i guess its worth doing a complete re-run?

    Ive also had a chance to create some logs now and ive attached them below. The logs are based on a run of MP where i tried to import the new movies via the plugin GUI within MP.

    Any help appreciated :)

    Considering everything, including the scraper-script sources used during import are held inside the database, a corruption can easaly screw things up. If you just secure your existing movingpictures.db3 and create a fresh new one and just do a few test-movie imports, then we can at least exclude it as a cause.

    Looking at your log file, corruption is definatly the cause. The null exception on the noise filter, that determines how to extract a title from filename is a sure import-stopper. There are ways to fix it, but in my experience it is a better idea to restart.


    Excellent, thanks for looking. Ill run a fresh import tonight. 500+ movies...might take a while!
     

    Users who are viewing this thread

    Top Bottom