Importing Movies from DVD Rom (1 Viewer)

conguero23

Portal Member
December 9, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have movies in my collection that I sometimes burn on a disc as an mp4 file to watch on another tv. The issue is that when I do that the importer automatically imports a duplicate into the database so it shows 2 in moving pictures and even after the movie is no longer in the dvd drive it still shows in moving pictures.

Is there any way to eliminate these movies that are not available from moving pictures without having to go one by one or have moving pictures ignore a specific file type from importing?

Thank You,

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    If you use categories, then simply edit the category filters (on all of them) to exclude based on Full path name for your optical drive path. By making the filter exclusion smart and also look at the mp4 extension, any retail DVD will still be accessible.

An alternative solution is to add the optical drive exclusion to the parental filter (if you are not already using it). Keep in mind that it is a reversed filter then, as you specify the "kid safe" movies. So you would do filter: "Full Path" + 'does not contain' + "D:\"

conguero23

Portal Member
    December 9, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thank You for your help worked perfectly. Is there anyway to clean up the database from these movies?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    You can enable the delete from GUI option.

The whole point they remain visible is because you might have them on optical media or a removable harddisk on purpose, and it would not be nice then if the database entry is then constantly deleted and your 'watched' flags removed each time you unplug/eject the storage medium, so that it is immediatly available when you reconnect/reinsert it.

As for cleaning up left behind entries, especially artwork/etc, there is another plugin MPClean I believe it is called, that will do that for MovPic, but also MP-TVSeries, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom