importing movies hangs retrieving media information (1 Viewer)

alamagar

Portal Pro
August 6, 2008
Hi:
I usually have no problems importing movies, but today moving pictures has begin to hang when importing media information after importing details of the movie: I know this has relation with medianinfo.dll, I've checked it and version is 0.7.56.0 and this must be correct.
I'm using last version of MP 1.3.1.1350.

My unique guess is that today the system has done a java update and 2 windows updates for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 KB2656405 and KB2604121. It has something to do?

I upload movingpictures.log

any idea?
thks in advance

alamagar

Portal Pro
August 6, 2008
I reply myself with new info I've got.
It seems to be something with database file movingpictures.db3. If I return to a version of the file that was created 1 month ago, the process of importing the last movies starts and is able to retrieve the media information but something happens during the process and it doesn't finish properly, showing the last working action, for instance: " trying to aprove close matches" or similar.
Curiously the information of the movies is retrieved and saved but I'm not able to close movingpictures config window properly (I must close/kill the not responding window forcedly). After that If I launch mp, enter movpic and try to start a movie (the info for the new movie is there), movpic doesn't launch it and after the third try mp locks.

any new idea?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    MediaInfo is now at v0.7.57.0 so you can try to update as well.

Also the new method you used to test the problem should have generated a very interesting log file in debug-verbosity mode that would more clearly explain the source of your problem. Try to repeat the exact steps (assuming u kept that older database) and attach the log file from that attempt.

alamagar

Portal Pro
    August 6, 2008
    thks Rochess.
    I've updated media info version with no luck.
    after that I did what you suggested. I changed movingpictures.db3 file with the 1 month old version and the process began:. It retrieved the movie and mediainfo for the most of the files showing the green circle with check and others not automaticaly matched were skipped showing the blue circle, but 3 of the movies
    • Sherlock Holmes juego de sombras
    • Sonrisas de una noche de verano
    • the aryan couple
    have the green circle but no check inside and the movie importer window become locked showing the message
    "waiting for close match approvals...".

If you see in the log file attached you can notice that this movies are processed until the "updating mediainfo for..." message but no "movie .... added" message appears. I think the process is locked waiting for some action that never ends.
    but which action and why?

edit 1
    I add the error file generated when I try to play a movie from movingpictures. Remember 2 clicks on the movie no effect, the thrid click freezes mediaportal.

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Very early on in the log file (with your restored backup from a month ago), the following line shows:

18-May-2012 19:21:19 Error [ DBField]: Error writing to DBCriteria`1.Value Property: Se produjo una excepción en el destino de la invocación.​

So you have corruption already in that database.

It has no usage to read the rest then, so can you repeat the test with an older backup?

If not, then try to repeat the test you did, but take those 3 movies out that 'hung' the import. It is very well possible that one of them is corrupted at AVI/MKV/etc header level which causes MediaInfo to crash. Preferably you then supply the MediaInfo developers with that file, so they can fix their program to prevent this 'crash' from happening in the future.

To actually fix the problem for yourself, it sounds like you might have to start from scratch by deleting the movingpictures.db3 file (or rename it), and preferably re-import blocks of movies, say 10 or 50 at a time if you have a large collection. That way you can constantly make backups and it will be less of a painful experience if you still have corrupted media files that cause the import process to damage things and you have to start over.

alamagar

Portal Pro
    August 6, 2008
    thks again Rochess but...
    Hurray!!!
    I get it.

There was a movie, not in the ones I've listed before, but a movie that has a directory structure of bluray and it was still incomplete (not finisihed downloading). For some reason movie importer recognizes the file index.bdmv as a media file and tries to import the movie, and obviously there was no info on it because is incomplete.

Deleted the file structure and all is working fine.

I've learnt a lesson: is good to make backups of the database every 1 - 2 weeks in order to be able to recovery your status quicly. Especially if you have a large number of movies as me.

Asystole

Portal Member
    November 23, 2007
    Hi Alamagar,
    I'm having the same issue with the importer hanging. It will take sometimes 20 minutes to a half hour to import a new movie. How did you find the incomplete file structure.

alamagar

Portal Pro
    August 6, 2008
    Asystole
    I refer to the file structure of the movie. The movie has a structure with the file index.bdmv and other folders under BDMV. the file that contains the movie is in the STREAM folder and was incomplete, so mediainfo.dll is not able to extract the media information of the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom