Importing Recordings (1 Viewer)

mruane

Portal Pro
June 4, 2006
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi

I have searched but cannot find an answer to importing recordings. I have a number of mpg and ts recording files that were created by previous versions of MP and before that GBPVR. I want to import them into Media Portal v2.3 RC2. Is there a utility to achieve that?

PS I use MP v2.3 RC2 with TVE3

Cheers Mike

December 28, 2005
Sydney
Home Country
I’m trying to do the same thing. I’m happy even to manually enter it data back in to “Recorded TV” database (only have about 10 recordings). Just need someone to point me in the right direction.

I’ve found other post relating to the same issue with no result.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...tabase-t28635.html?t=28635&highlight=Database

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...s_tve3-t28537.html?t=28537&highlight=Database

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/database_import-t27740.html?t=27740&highlight=Database

mruane

Portal Pro
June 4, 2006
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
@Level20poen: Well I am trying to find a utility that will traverse my recordings directory and load the mpg and/or ts files that it finds into the recordings database and merge them with whatever is currently in the recordings table. So its not related to an IMDB database nor movies. These are previous recordings made with MP or another program.

@ForgottenIllustrator: Correct, no one seems to have dealt with this issue as far as I can see. I have a similar utility for GBPVR which loads the recordings it finds in a defined folder into the recordings table for that program. It also aligns the recording with the EPG for that program if it still exists.

Perhaps this is something that can be incorporated into TVE3 at some point i.e. an import/export ability.

Cheers Mike

OgdenP

Portal Pro
August 12, 2007
Home Country
I would find this useful too. I have a few issues that I haven't been able to resolve and no-one else seems to be having the same issues, so I suspect it is my installation. What I would like to do is a fresh installation from scratch, but I have avoided this because when I previously did this, all the recorded TV items disappeared from the menu's even though the files themselves were still there in the folders.

Ideally, it would be nice if MP scanned the TV folder and updated the database if it found recorded items that were not already in its database.

Like "Forgotten Illustrator", even a manual method would do, as I only have about a dozen items.

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I see.

Well if you run the TV-Server it is easy to backup your recording-information. It is stored in the table "recording" inside the tvlibrary SQL database. I don't know a way of importing the recordings from scratch but saving this table will at least make you able to backup an existing database. If you are skilled in SQL it should however be no problem to add entries to this table in order to make them appear inside MediaPortal.

-level20peon

December 28, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    I managed to enter the data manually into the database via MS Access successfully. With these instructions (Mind you I was using MS 2007 and it was a bit different ).

EDIT: I recommend you use SQL Management Studio as it is a free download. See 2 posts down

1. Start Access 97
    2. Select Blank Database and click OK
    3. Enter a name and directory, click Create
    4. Select the Tables tab
    5. From the File menu select Get External Data - Link Tables
    6. In the bottom left corner of the displayed dialog will be "Files of type:". Change this to "ODBC databases"
    7. A new dialog will be displayed. Click the "Machine Data Source" tab
    8. Select the Data Source created using ODBC earlier and click OK
    9. You may need to enter a password for the database.
    10. You will now see "Link Table" dialog, select and click OK.
    11. Under your main Table tab you will now see dbo.<database> and double clicking will give a graphical view.

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I recommend you to use the SQL Management Studio for doing this.
    Despite of that the way you descibe only works if you have Microsoft SQL installed. To modify MySQL databases this way you would have to install the MySQL ODBC driver. "More clean" however is using a database Manager like the MySQL gui tools or Navicat MySQL.

SQL basics are offtopic either way ;)

-level20peon

December 28, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    I recommend you to use the SQL Management Studio for doing this...
    I had a quick play around with SQL Management Studio for about 10min, but I could not find what I was looking for. So I when with what I know, Access.

After a second look with SQL Management Studio I don’t know how I missed “Open Table” (I blame VNC viewer for not refreshing ;) ) it is a lot more user friendly to use SQLManagement.

Here is how to access your recording information manually Via SQL Management Studio.
    • Open SQL Management Studio.
    • Connect to Database.
    • Expand the flowing tree. Databases>TvLibrary>Tables
    • Right click on dbo.Recording
    • Click “Open table”
    • Now you should have recording information and it should look something like the below.

dbo-Recording.jpg

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    now, we only need someone (skilled :) ) who is able to write a small sql statementfor parsing the desired files /directory, and everyone should be happy, right?

maybe there's someone around... ***puppy eyes***

cheers

joystick

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom