importing videos in TV-Service recording folder / Usage of TV-Service as streaming server (1 Viewer)

rue

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi I would like to use TV-Service as streaming server for existing - but not necessarily "recorded" video files (.ts or .mp4).

Did anybody know which steps I have to do to bring the files (without description files) into the streaming server database?

I don't want to have a shre to be used by MP Destop. For special reason I wold like to stream the files directly over RTSP ...

Thanks in advance

RUE

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry RUE - I don't think this is possible. Certainly TV Server wasn't designed for this. Maybe try VLC.

rue

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmmm .... any idea if it would be possible to have more than one player window on one client pc getting data from recordings?

At the moment I saw only a tv client that can do that.

Thanks and best regards

Ruediger

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again

Are you able to explain a little bit more about what you're trying to achieve? An example would be helpful. I don't really understand yet...

mm

rue

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi again,

I have to draw a video streaming load test based on a streaming server.

TV-Server will be nice so far as I can see (and daily test ,)) and I would like to generate a kind of video wall with 1 ... n players running. Data shall be used from recorder directory (different videos).

First idea was to use the TVServer ... second VLC or unreal ...

Unreal is unreal because of a limitation to 15 stream ... vlc. I used it versions before, I have troubles to set up the vod stream list.
    VLC as client did not connect to the shares, it seems the shares won't be created.

Any other idea?

Best regards

RUE

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom