Impossible to play any videos (1 Viewer)

chrguy

Portal Member
October 11, 2007
Sud Ouest
Home Country
France France
Dear all ,
I have installed the last version of MediaPortal 1.7.0, the last version of MY TV Series.
Now when I select a video in the plugin, it doesn't launch it. Nothing happens.

What can I verify?

thanks for your help.
Christophe.

dovramon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    It happened to me as well. Also, I wasn't able to install the latest version of MP-TVSeries (4.0.3) due to a strange compatibility issue.
    So I simply reverted to MediaPortal v1.6.0, and now all is good.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Same happens here.

Did you install Titan Extended?

Right before playback is supposed to start you also have:

Code:
    [2014-04-28 01:03:35,161] [Log  ] [MPMain  ] [DEBUG] - Window: MPEIPlugin.GUIMpeiPlugin init
    [2014-04-28 01:03:35,176] [Log  ] [MPMain  ] [INFO ] - [MPEI] Loading settings
    [2014-04-28 01:03:35,270] [Error  ] [MPMain  ] [ERROR] - OnMessage exception:System.ArgumentException: The path is not of a legal form.

Smakaris

Portal Member
    April 10, 2011
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Yes Titan Extended is installed.
    I've now upgraded to 1.7.1 Hotfix, along with the necessary plugin upgrades from MPEI.
    The application behavior is still the same.

Smakaris

Portal Member
    April 10, 2011
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Ok, I managed to get video playback working, through a series of multiple clean uninstallations and reinstallations.
    The findings so far are the following:
    MP v.1.7.0 & v.1.7.1 display videos (mkv) using the default videos plugin. They both FAIL to display the same video file using the MP-TVSeries v. 4.0.3.xxxxx
    MP v.1.6.0 can display the same video file using the default video plugin and MP-TVSeries v.3.6.0.xxxxx

All different attempts were made using Saf Codecs v.6.2.3, and of course the same codec settings in MP.
    Unfortunately there's nothing helpful in the log files (to my understanding) that could point to the root cause of the problem.
    Thus, I believe that the issue should be investigated in terms of MP-TVSeries v.4.0.3.

I'd be glad to provide any additional info you the team may need.

Last edited:

ronzelver

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 13, 2008
    Sittard
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The same happens over here with MP 1.7.x with TVSeries, Moving Pictures and even the standard Videos plugin?!? Upon launching the video the MP application freezes and nothing happens. I did a complete clean install of both 1.7.0 and 1.7.1 and still the same behaviour. Strangly enough there is nothing in the log files (not even in debug mode), it simply stops working without any notification. I've installed the latest SAF codecs and they are working perfectly outside MP (checked with GraphEdit).

Update:
    I narrowed it down to the Moving Pictures plugin (version 1.7.2). as soon as this one is installed I'm unable to play any videos. It is perfectly reproducable with MP 1.7.0 and 1.7.1.

Last edited:

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I have the same issue.... All shows that used to play are now just creating this in the log:

2014-05-05 18:02:04.018 [INFO][01]: TVSeriesPlugin.VideoHandler.ResumeOrPlay()
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'WindowPlugins, Version=1.2.100.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    File name: 'WindowPlugins, Version=1.2.100.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
    at WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.VideoHandler.Play(Int32 timeMovieStopped)
    at WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.VideoHandler.ResumeOrPlay(DBEpisode episode)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have the same issue.... All shows that used to play are now just creating this in the log:
    Are you running the latest versions of all plugins?

geoffstewart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 12, 2008
    Ottawa
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Are you running the latest versions of all plugins?

Bah! Good call. I did this in the wrong order... After I posted my partial log, I went and checked the MP TV Series version and for some reason it was not listed in the Extensions manager thingy.... as soon as I installed it (really updated it) all started working.

Sorry, false alarm. Hopefully that's the issue with others on the thread too.

Cheers.

g

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom